Love a bit of cake? I know I do! Today I have got a delicious recipe to share with you.
Fancy making an Iced Orange Cake? A tasty lightweight cake covered in yummy flavoured orange icing sugar.
- Pyrex 26cm x 23cm Glass Cake Dish with Handles
- 45 minutes
Iced Orange Cake:
- 150g soft spread (suitable for baking)
- 150g self-rising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 150g caster sugar
- 3 medium eggs
- Grated rind of 1 orange
For the Icing:
- 150g Icing sugar
- 3-4 tsp orange juice
- Icing flowers to decorate
- Preheat the oven to Gas 4, 180°C. Grease the Pyrex glass cake dish and line the base with a circle of greaseproof paper.
- Put all of the cake ingredients into a bowl and using an electric hand whisk mix the ingredients together for 1 minute until light and fluffy (if mixing by hand, use a wooden spoon and cream well together for 2-3 minutes until light and fluffy).
- Put the mixture into the dish and spread evenly over the base. Cook for 40 minutes until golden brown and springy to the touch (if tested with a skewer, it should come out clean). Leave to cool.
- Turn the cake out of the dish. Sieve the icing sugar into a bowl and mix with enough orange juice to make a thick spreadable icing. Spread over the top of the cake and decorate with icing flowers.
Recipe and photograph by Pyrex.No Payment was received.
What do you think?
Fancy making one of these iced orange cakes to share with your friends and family?
Hit the cake tags to check out more yummy cake recipes.
Love to hear your thoughts, leave them in the comment box below.
Do not forget to subscribe to get more yummy recipes delivered to your inbox.