Sherwood Pines Parkrun..

Last Saturday I woke up feeling ill, so the Parkrun I had planned to do with my Son had to be postponed. My Son was disappointed.  So up to the plate stepped Hubby ( who had not done one for 2 years) and who normally was on dog walking, official photo duties.

I looked after Mollie the Collie and our Daughter, so they could run and we could watch. It was lovely to sit back and cheer everyone on. Seeing others work hard for a change.

Sherwood Pines is also home to Go Apes {in the background}. I am scared of heights, but I would like to have a go at this! It reminds me of the bridge in I’m a Celebrity. No sign of Ant or Dec though!!

Looking forward to the run!?

We went to the end of the road to take a few pictures, as they ran past.

My Daughter loaded up with everyone’s jackets!

And here they come.

Not as many dogs as the week before.

I was going to start running with Mollie, maybe next time.

My son going off fast and leading the way.

My daughter and Mollie had a little play in the wooden huts, time flies though, and it was not long before they were all finishing.

5km later. My Son is sprinting to the finish line.

He worked hard and needed a sit down to recover!

Not long after my Husband came running to the finish line. He surprised us all how quick he was.

Happy after the race!?

I think my son must have lost a £5 !!

He said he was tired as he worked hard and did not want to smile.

My Husband really enjoyed it.

So much so, he may want to run today instead of me!!

Grr that will teach me not to be ill!

Watch this space…

32 responses to “Sherwood Pines Parkrun..”

1. Suza says:

wonderul pictures. I love most the picture with all the colorful runners in the forsest. Looks very nice. I think it was a amazing event.Have a great weekend,best regardssusa from Hamburg

2. john adams says:

Don't talk to me about illness! Had a dreaded chest infection all week. That said, I'm soon to enter a 5K run so enjoyed reading this! #CountryKids

3. SarahMummy says:

Loved this! So what were there times? It doesn't look like many people do that Parkrun – we have over 400 at ours! I'm missing it this week as my daughter is ill 🙁

• Clairejustine oxox says:

Thanks Sarah, it is a slower course thank usual. My son did just over 22 minutes, mine is around 29 here!! It is a new one and it is great. Think there was about 140 last week 🙂

4. Coombe Mill says:

It's great that your husband had a go at running the park run as you weren't able to, a lovely chance for your son to race with him. This looks like a lovely setting for a park run with the trees surrounding you all, I bet it's magical. Your son looks like he had a strong run, and your husband obviously enjoyed it as he wants to go again! Thanks for linking up with me on #CountryKids.

5. Jill Shepherd says:

Beautiful pictures of the Parkrun. I've just started doing ours here in Cairns – and it's nice to see where others are doing theirs!

6. Rebecca U says:

I'm a big fan of parkrun but I need to get back on it – such a great community! #justanotherlinky

7. Margarett Murphy says:

Looks like a fun day.

8. Island Living 365 says:

What a lovely setting for your park run 🙂 #thebigpinklink

9. Louise W says:

That is the nicest park run I've seen!! They are such a fab idea, and so much fun too! Your son looks so fast. Thanks for linking up #bigpinklink

10. Life-As-Mum says:

Looks like such a fun day! Fantastic photos.Thanks for linking up to #justanotherlinky

11. Something Crunchy Mummy says:

Looks like a great place to run! Thanks for linking up to #justanotherlinky xx

12. Sherry lifeatcookscabin says:

Sounds like a great run and maybe your daughter could be on bag and coat duties for everyone while you all run 😉 #whatevertheweather

13. Cheryl Pasquier says:

I think it's a teen thing – my daughter doesn't want to smile in photos any more either ! Hope you're feeling better now

14. Sarah CraftInvaders says:

What a great place to run – it looks beautiful. I see lots of runners out with their dogs, which looks fun, although I am sure mine would pull me over when she tried to dive into the bushes after something!

15. Chloe Ciliberto says:

I'd love to do something like this. And it's such a beautiful setting too! Go your husband and son! You must be so proud. I've always wanted to try Go Ape, although looking at it in the background, it is SOOOOO HIGH. I am so scared of heights but I think it'll be good to get out of my comfort zone. The forest looks so stunning. Thank you so much for linking to #whatevertheweather x

16. Jenny Eaves says:

A great place for a run! Fab that your husband stepped up to the plate and went running too, now you just need to get your daughter into it and you'll be a running family. I'm not a huge fan of running, although I do love the idea, my chest is just a little too large to be suited to it!! Love Go Ape, there is one near us that I've been on a few times, so much fun! Thanks so much for linking up to #Whatevertheweather 🙂 x