I love upcycling and creating something new that has a purpose.
I upcycled this new peg bag a while ago (upcycled new peg bag ).
I created a few years ago and It lasted a few year but towards the ends of last summer, it went a bit green with forgetting to bring it inside after using the pegs.
I brought a new plastic one from the shops and it lasted 2 week!! Grr…
The hook broke off it straight away. It only cost a few pounds, so you can hardly take it back to the shops for your money back; can you!?
Now it is time to up-cycle another one that will hopefully last as long as my pink one did. Or lot longer than the plastic one did!
I picked this sparkly top up from a charity shop a few years ago in the summer for about 50p.
When I got around to wearing it the sequins under the arms were a little sharp.
So it just got stored in my wardrobe until I could find some use for it.
How cool is upcycling and repurposing things?
What you need:
- Sleeveless top
- Small coat hanger
- Sewing machine or needle and cotton
What I did:
- First up I took the clips off the end of the coat hanger.
- Then I got set sewing the bottom of my top.
- The sewing machine kept stopping as the sequins kept getting stuck under the foot so I found some nice strong cotton and sewed it by hand.
- Next up sew the armholes so not to lose your pegs.
- Pop your coat hanger in and you have finished!!
One upcycled peg bag waiting in the washroom for Spring when the clothes can be hung out again.
What do you think of my new sparkly peg bag?
No one will have one like this on their wash line, will they?