Do you fancy having a go at making some sweet Blossoming Cupcakes for Mothers day?
How sweet are these?
With Mother’s Day just around the corner, Dr. Oetker has teamed up with star TV baker Ian Cumming to create a recipe book especially for little budding bakers.
Blossoming Cupcakes For Mothers Day:
Makes 12 cupcakes / 2 flowers
For the recipe Blossoming Cupcakes
For the Cupcakes:
- 125 g Unsalted Butter (4 1/2 oz)
- 125 g Caster Sugar (4 1/2 oz)
- 2 g Salt (A pinch of salt)
- Large Eggs (x2 large eggs)
- 5 ml Dr. Oetker Madagascan Vanilla Extract (1 tsp)
- 100 g Self-Raising Flour (3 1/2 oz)
- 75 g Ground Almonds (2 1/2 oz)
- 75 ml Milk (4 1/2 fl oz)
- Dr. Oetker Cupcake Cases
- 10 g Apricot Jam (2 tsp either Apricot or Raspberry Jam)
- Dr. Oetker Coloured Ready to Roll Regal-Ice
- 30 g Dr. Oetker Chocolatey Strands (Enough to decorate)
- Preheat oven to 180⁰C, then line a cupcake tray with 12 Cupcake Cases.
- Cream butter, pinch of salt and sugar with electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Add in Vanilla Extract. Gently fold in flour and ground almonds then add the milk.
- Fill 12 Cupcakes Cases.
- Then bake in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes, once baked then allow to cool.
- Gently warm jam in microwave for 10 – 20 seconds, and paint the top of the cupcakes with jam.
- Roll out Dr. Oetker Ready to Roll Regal Ice to thickness of £1 coin.
- You’ll need approx. 40g black and 100g each of red and yellow.
- Use a circular cutter to cut out discs of icing and place on top of cupcakes.
- There should be 2 black ones and then 5 red and 5 yellow.
- Wipe top of black cupcake with damp cloth and then sprinkle Dr. Oetker Chocolatey Strands on top.
- Arrange cupcakes on large plate or board.
- Place black one in middle and surround with coloured ones.
- Roll most of green ready to roll icing into sausage for large ‘stalk’ of flower.
- Roll remaining icing with rolling pin and then cut out 2 large leaves.
- Arrange these on either side of the stalk.
Recipe and photography by Dr. Oetker