Bubble Gum Plums With Caramelised Popcorn, what a beautiful combination!
Whenever I hear the word bubble gum it brings back fond memories of being a child. I use to love bubble gum.
This mouth-wateringly delicious recipe is made with South African Flavorking plums, which have a beguiling taste of bubble-gum.
A simple and delicious recipe in which you flavour your popcorn and fry your plums. One thing to decide is, will you be adding some vanilla ice cream to the dish whilst warm?
You must try them!
How To Make Bubble Gum Plums With Caramelised Popcorn:
Preparation: 10 minutes
Cooking: 5 minutes
- 80g butter
- 60g plain or sweet & salted popcorn
- 50g caster sugar
- 2-3 pinches of sea salt flakes
- 1kg South African Flavorking plums, halved and pitted
- Vanilla ice cream, to serve
- Melt 50g butter in a large frying pan, then add the popcorn and stir to coat.
- Add half the sugar and cook over a medium-high heat for a few moments, stirring with a large spoon, until beginning to brown and caramelise.
- Tip into a bowl and add the sea salt.
- Heat the remaining butter in the frying pan until sizzling.
- Add the plums and cook over a high heat for 2 minutes, turning with a large spoon or spatula. Sprinkle in the remaining sugar and cook for another few seconds until slightly caramelised.
- Spoon the plums into serving dishes and sprinkle with some of the popcorn.
- Serve whilst warm with vanilla ice cream.
- Try this recipe with South African Laetitia plums for a change.
*Recipe and photograph by South Africa*
*No Payment was received*
What do you think?
Do you like to make up recipes like this? Do you want to try this recipe?
Fancy making some Bubble Gum Plums With Caramelised Popcorn?
Let us know if you get to try this recipe out.
Pin for later and try today.