These Chocolatey Flowerpots are both pretty and tasty!
A perfect treat for Mum on Mother’s Day!
For the recipe Chocolate Flowerpot Cupcakes
For the cupcakes:
- Dr. Oetker Cupcake Cases
- 120 g Unsalted Butter (4oz)
- 120 g Caster Sugar (5oz)
- Large Eggs (x2 Large Eggs)
- 120 g Self-Raising Flour (4oz)
- Dr. Oetker Fine Dark Cocoa Powder (x1 sachet/25g)
- Dr. Oetker Baking Powder Sachet (x1 sachet/5g or 1 tsp)
- 2 g Salt (1/2 tsp)
- 50 g Dr. Oetker Milk Chocolate Chips (2oz)
- 75 ml Milk (4 1/2 tbsp)
- 5 ml Dr. Oetker Madagascan Vanilla Extract (1tsp)
- 140 g Dr. Oetker Surprise Inside Cupcake Centres Rich Chocolate (x1 pouch)
- 100 g Dr. Oetker Coloured Ready to Roll Regal-Ice (Green Coloured Regal-Ice)
- Dr. Oetker Chocolate Easy Swirl Cupcake Icing (And Pink Easy Swirl too if you wish)
- Dr. Oetker Mini Wafer Flowers
- Dr. Oetker Wafer Daisies
- Line a cupcake tin with 10 cases, and preheat oven to 180⁰C.
- In a large mixing bowl cream together the butter and the sugar with an electric beater.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Sift the flour, Dr. Oetker Fine Dark Cocoa Powder and Dr. Oetker Baking Powder into the mixing bowl.
- Add salt and Dr. Oetker Milk Chocolate Chips and gently fold in.
- Fold in 75ml of milk and the Dr. Oetker Madagascan Vanilla Extract in stages to make a smooth batter.
- Split mixture between 10 muffin cases or mini flower pots if you have them, then bake for 20 minutes. Once baked allow to cool for a couple of minutes.
- Put a squeeze of Dr. Oetker Surprise Inside Rich Chocolate Cupcake Centres into each cupcake and then allow to cool fully.
- Roll out the green Dr. Oetker Ready to Roll Green Regal Ice to approximately the thickness of a £1 coin.
- Carefully using a knife, cut out long thin leaves approx 5 – 7cm long and 1.5cm wide. Take 3 leaves and gently squeeze together at one end and place on top of cupcake.
- Use Dr. Oetker Pink or Chocolate Easy Swirl Cupcake Icing on top of each cupcake. Hold the can at a downward horizontal angle to the cupcake, place your finger on the nozzle and push across firmly.
- Decorate with Dr. Oetker Mini Wafer Flowers and Wafer Daisies.
This recipe recipe, content and imagery was provided to me by Dr. Oetker to share. No Payment was received.