Daffodil Cupcakes: Spring Baking With The Children. Hello friends. Fancy making some Daffodil Cupcakes?
Daffodil Cupcakes: Spring Baking With The Children.
Daffodil Cupcakes Recipe:
Makes 12 cupcakes:
- 125 grams self-raising flour
- 125 grams caster sugar
- 125 grams soft unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tub of Cake Angels Mallow Icing few drops of yellow food colouring gel or paste
Or Alternatively, Make Your Own Buttercream:
- 250 grams butter
- 500 grams icing sugar
- ½ tsp of vanilla essence
- 2 – 3 tbsp of milk few drops of yellow food colouring gel or paste
For A Simple Buttercream Icing:
- Mix the butter with the icing sugar and vanilla essence with an electric hand mixer.
- Continue to mix until smooth adding the milk to loosen the buttercream.
Extra Ingredients To Decorate:
- Cake Angels Flower Fun Decorations
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/gas mark 6 and line a muffin tin with 12 cake cases.
- Put all the ingredients except for the milk in a food processor and blitz until smooth. Pulse while adding milk down the funnel, to make a soft, dropping consistency. Alternatively, put all ingredients into a large mixing bowl and use an electric hand mixer.
- Or using a bowl and wooden spoon, cream the butter and sugar, beat in the eggs one at a time with a little of the flour. Add the vanilla extract and fold in the rest of the flour, adding the milk to make a soft, dropping consistency.
- Spoon into the cases equally.
- Put in the oven and bake for 15-18 minutes until the cupcakes are cooked and golden on top, check to see if the cupcakes are ready by inserting a cocktail stick into one of the cupcakes. If it comes out dry then the cupcakes are done. As soon as possible, take the cupcakes in their cases, out of the tin and let cool on a wire rack.
- Using a piping bag with a large star nozzle, 2/3 fill with the buttercream/icing, securing the top of the bag with a freezer clip. Start piping from the outer edge of the cupcake.
- Slowly work your way round overlapping the layers as you reach the centre of your cupcake. Remember to apply even pressure to your piping bag, this ensures an even swirl all the way around.
- Stop squeezing as you pull away from the centre of the swirl to create a nice pointed top a bit like an ice cream.
- Now decorate with a single Cake Daffodil.
Daffodil Cupcakes: Spring Baking With The Children *Recipe and photograph by Cake Angles.No Payment was received*
You Might Also Like:
Easter Chocolate Cup Cake.
Eggs-tra Special Chocolate And Beetroot Cupcakes.
Billington’s Easter Carrot Cupcakes.
Jelly Bean Easter Nest Cupcakes.
Vanilla Easter Cup Cakes: Easter Baking.