I made these trifle sponges yesterday ready for a trifle I was making today.
I like to buy shop bought ones when I am in a hurry and make my own when I have more time.
We love trifles, so it is good to mix them up a bit. I mostly make them up around Christmas, Easter and birthdays.
Just like my Grandma use too.
Passing on a family tradition.
Trouble is they were so yummy, me and the children ended up eating most of them.
I now have to make them up again! Ha!! No worries, they are quick and easy to make.
Home Made Trifle Sponges:
Make 12 pieces
- 2 Medium eggs
- 75g Caster sugar
- 75g Self raising flour
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extracts
- 4-5 Tablespoons strawberry conserve
- Sprinkle with caster sugar
- Pre-heat the oven to 200c fan.
- Grease and line a swiss roll tin.
- In a bowl whisk eggs, caster sugar, self-raising flour and vanilla extracts together until thick and creamy.
- Pop the mixture into the greased tin and move tin around to make the mixture even.
- Bake for around 8-10 minutes.Until nice and light brown.
- Place some greaseproof paper out and sprinkle the caster sugar on it.
- Take your cake from the oven and transfer upside down from tin onto the sugar paper.
- Remove the greaseproof paper.
- Spread around 4-5 tablespoons of strawberry conserve allover the cake.
- Roll the cake long ways, until all cake is rolled up and you have a long swiss roll.
- Cut whilst warm into slices.
- Leave to cool.
Now I am off to make some more!!
Do you like trifles?
Do you like to make your own trifle sponges?
Do you fancy having a go at making these?
If you are looking for trifle ideas why not try one of these recipes: