How adorable is this Lovely Strawberry Sandwich Cake?
Perfect for Mothers Day…
Bake Mum this delicious Strawberry Sandwich Cake this Mother’s Day.
Lovely Strawberry Sandwich Cake:
Approximately 8 slices.
For the recipe Lovely Strawberry Sandwich Cake
For the Cake:
- 40 ml Water
- 160 g Unsalted Butter (5 1/2 oz)
- 150 g Caster Sugar (5 oz)
- 2 g Salt (A pinch of salt)
- Large Eggs (x2)
- 5 ml Dr. Oetker Madagascan Vanilla Extract (1 tsp)
- 160 g Self-Raising Flour (5 1/2)
- Dr. Oetker Baking Powder Sachet (x1 sachet/5g or 1 tsp)
- 70 g Strawberry Jelly Cubes
- 300 ml Double Cream (10 1/2 fl oz)
- 30 g Icing Sugar (1 oz)
- 25 g Strawberry Jam (5 tsp)
- about 100 g Strawberries (6-8 strawberries)
- Dr. Oetker Heart Marshmallow
- Dr. Oetker Wafer Daisies
- Dr. Oetker Chocolate Hearts
- Preheat the oven to 180⁰C, then grease and line the base of two 18cm baking tins.
- Put the strawberry jelly cubes in a small microwavable bowl, add the water and heat on full power in microwave for 40 seconds or until jelly has fully melted. (It might need a stir and a bit of patience to fully melt.)
- Place the butter and sugar in large mixing bowl and beat until smooth, light and fluffy.
- Add pinch of salt, and then beat in eggs one at a time and then beat in 1tsp of Dr. Oetker Madagascan Vanilla Extract and half the jelly water.
- Sieve self raising flour and 1tsp of Dr. Oetker Baking Powder into a bowl and then gently fold into wet mix, with a large metal spoon. Fold in 2nd half of jelly water. Then split between the two baking tins and bake for 20 – 25 minutes.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes then run a knife around the edge of the tins and turn out onto a cooling rack and allow to fully cool.
- Meanwhie with an electric whisk beat double cream with icing sugar until fairly stiff. Place one of the cakes on a plate and cover the top with a thin layer of cream. Stand a ring of Dr. Oetker Heart Marshmallows around the edge.
- Take approx 150g of the beaten cream and place in a separate bowl.
- Chop the strawberries quite small and mix in with the 150g of cream along with the strawberry jam. Fill the space inside the marshmallows with this strawberry cream.
- Spread a thin layer of beaten cream on the base of the other sponge and then place on top of the strawberry cream / Marshmallows.
- Cover the top of the cake with the remaining cream.
- Decorate with Dr. Oetker Chocolate Hearts and Dr. Oetker Mini Wafer Flowers.
*Recipe and photography by Dr. Oetker*
*No Payment was received*