Walk Around Newstead Abbey..

A few weeks ago when the children were off school and the Husband was off work we took a train ride to Newstead in Nottinghamshire. We love to take a walk around here. It is such a beautiful part of Nottinghamshire.

We got off the train and had a walk around Newstead through to Newstead Abbey.  With a spot of sightseeing along the way. So much to see.

Newstead train station.

The old Station Hotel in the background, all bordered up.

We stopped for a while to watch the horses playing. So fun to walk them playing.

The walk to Newstead Abbey. My Daughter sharing out a few treats to keep our energy levels up. Not too long of a walk and then we arrive at Newstead Abbey.

Walk Around Newstead Abbey:

The waterfall, such a beautiful spot. I wonder what the story is behind these beautiful left roses at the top of the waterfall!?

Love taking pictures of the waterfall. How cool is it here?

We had lots of fun looking at the waterfall too. You can even walk behind it.

A wave for the camera! Can you see me now?

We were walking for hours and the children had a well-earned sit-down. Mollie doesn’t like to rest though, she might miss something! She would walk all day if we could keep up with her.

Me and my Son possing for a picture. Smile please.

Love the reflection from the house. How beautiful is this shot? Atap on the back for this shot. I love it!

After a long, long walk we clocked up 10 miles and were tired out! It did not feel like 10 miles when you have lots to see and are having fun.

Have you ever visited Newstead Abbey in Nottinghamshire before? Did you enjoy our walk?

Linking up our outdoors fun with Coombe Mill.

Claire

Find me on: Web | Twitter | Facebook

1. Cheryl
    26th March 2016 / 9:19 am

Amazing how far you can walk without realizing it. Looks like an interesting walk. Fun spotting things that you would totally miss from a car. #CountryKids

• Clairejustine oxox
      27th March 2016 / 12:20 pm

Thanks Cheryl. Yes I agree. If I said the kids had to walk 10 miles they wouldn't want to go,lol 🙂

2. Coombe Mill
    26th March 2016 / 11:18 am

I love the look of your day out. the photos are gorgeous and it looks like such an interesting area to explore. 10 out of 10 for getting the kids out, I know how tricky it can be as they get older but this looks well worth it with just enough natural beauty to keep them engaged. I love the photo of you behind the Waterfall and clearly a good place to visit with Mollie. Thank you for sharing with me on #CountryKids

• Clairejustine oxox
      27th March 2016 / 12:21 pm

Thanks for stopping by and hosting Fiona 🙂 I know how hard it is to get the kids out but they really enjoyed it..

3. Tamar SB
    26th March 2016 / 11:52 am

What a beautiful place to explore!

• Clairejustine oxox
      27th March 2016 / 12:21 pm

Thanks Tamar 🙂

4. Chris
    26th March 2016 / 3:57 pm

I love it! A virtual tour of the UK!!!Thx for sharing Claire!xoxo

• Clairejustine oxox
      27th March 2016 / 12:22 pm

Aww thanks Chris 🙂 Always love to see your photos too ..

5. Maria
    27th March 2016 / 1:02 pm

Thanks so much for sharing your visits to all of these fabulous places! I will probably never get to visit the UK and love being able to take your "virtual tour" {as Chris said in the comment above}Happy Easter!!!Maria

6. Tom
    27th March 2016 / 4:01 pm

Lovely countryside, thanks for taking me along, PS there must be a barn somewhere.

7. pixiedusk
    28th March 2016 / 8:56 am

Such a lovely place to visit! I love the photo of the horses and that waterfall is just lovely! #countrykids

8. Dina Lettre
    28th March 2016 / 11:41 am

What a great adventure!!

9. jandi
    29th March 2016 / 5:40 am

Hi Christine, I love the horse + reflection image! What a wonderful day out! Have a lovely week!

10. Jessica Ryles
    1st April 2016 / 11:04 am

Beautiful photos! I too have a soft spot for taking pictures of waterfalls. 10 miles is definitely a hike! Looks like you guys had a great time.

11. lisasdream
    5th April 2016 / 10:29 am

Walking is the best way to wear Kids out 🙂 We love it when we find a new place to explore, and walking is one of our favorite activities!Abbey in Newstead looks so beautiful, love the water fall!

12. Our Seaside Baby
    7th April 2016 / 4:09 pm

What a lovely trip, so many great places to explore and love the horses! Sounds like you all had a great time. Thanks for linking up to #MyFavouriteTrip Polly x