Are you looking for a nice and tasty cake recipe to make up and share over the weekend?
Fancy trying this Blueberry and Walnut Cake?
We love baking with blueberries here!! They are full of colour and taste great, especially when the flavours burst whilst cooking.
Blueberry And Walnut Cake:
- 120g Onken Natural Set Yogurt
- 120g unsalted butter
- 40g unsalted butter (for cake topping)
- 120g granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, whisked
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 295g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 220g blueberries
- 120g light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 220g chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 180.C/gas mark 4. Then cream the butter with the granulated sugar until light and fluffy in a large bowl before adding eggs and vanilla extract.
- Next sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a smaller bowl before stirring in the butter mixture. Then add the yoghurt and blueberries.
- Use a small bowl to stir together brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and walnuts. Pour half the cake batter into a buttered and floured 8-inch baking tin. Sprinkle with half the brown sugar mixture and top with the remaining batter.
- Combine the remaining brown sugar mixture with two tablespoons of butter before sprinkling on the top of the batter.
- Place the cake in the oven and bake for 45 minutes until cooked through.
- Finally mix together 100g icing sugar and 1 teaspoon lemon juice and drizzle over the top of the cake.
Recipe and photography courtesy of Onken.
No Payment was received.
What do you think?
Fancy trying this Blueberry And Walnut Cake recipe?
Perfect for picnics, lunch boxes any occasions really.
Let us know what you think if you get to make this recipe up.