Happy Tuesday, how is your week going so far?
Are you looking for a sweet recipe treat with fruit in?
Something for a dinner party with added red wine in it?
Or maybe just looking for a weekend treat after a busy week?
How about trying this blushing forelles with vanilla mascarpone recipe out?
Imagine how good these taste, simmering pears in a cinnamon, orange and red wine sauce!!
Perfect for dinner parties or a weekend at yours with some friends.
a lovely recipe to try out when the pears are in season.
Blushing Forelles with Vanilla Mascarpone:
Preparation: 10 minutes
Cooking: 25 minutes
- 4 South African Forelle or William pears
- 500ml red wine
- 80g caster sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- strip of pared orange zest (use a potato peeler)
- 200g mascarpone cheese
- tbsp clear honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Fine shreds of orange zest
- Peel the pears, leaving them whole. Put them into a saucepan with the red wine, sugar, cinnamon stick and orange zest. Heat until almost boiling and then simmer gently, partially covered, for 20 minutes, turning the pears often.
- When barely warm, slice the pears in half and remove their cores.
- Mix the mascarpone cheese with the honey and vanilla extract.
- Spoon the pears into shallow dishes and ladle some of the red wine syrup over them. Serve with the mascarpone mixture and sprinkle the shreds of orange zest over them.
Use your choice of South African pears, depending on what’s available.
Recipe and photograph by South Africa.
No Payment was received.
What do you think? As always I would love you to share your thoughts in the comments below.
Fancy trying this yummy Blushing Forelles with Vanilla Mascarpone recipe?
Try now or Pin to your dinner party boards on Pinterest?