Today I have a tasty treat for you: Creamy Peanut Butter Pie –
This indulgent pie really does taste as good as it looks! The perfect end to any meal it doesn’t even require any time in the oven and can be made in advance to save time.
How To Make Creamy Peanut Butter Pie:
(Gluten and Dairy Free, Vegan)
Takes: 25 minutes + 2-3 hrs chilling
What you need:
For the crust:
- 10 medjool dates
- 160g cashew nuts
- ½ tbsp coconut oil, melted
For the filling:
- 250g Meridian smooth peanut butter
- 300g vanilla coconut yogurt (we used CO YO)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 60g dark vegan + gluten-free chocolate to decorate
What you do:
- Grease a 20cm springform tin and line the bottom with greaseproof paper. Blend the dates in the processor until well chopped. Add the cashew nuts and blitz until they’re finely chopped. Pour in the coconut oil, blitz again. The mixture should stick together when you squeeze it.
- Tip the crust into the prepared tin and press to the edges and 4cm up the sides. Use a small glass with a piece of greaseproof underneath to press flat and compact. Chill in the freezer.
- Process all of the filling ingredients until smooth, scrape down the sides and whizz again. Scrape the filling into the prepared crust and smooth the top with a spatula. Cover with cling film and freeze for 2-3 hours or until set. Take out of the freezer half an hour before serving and remove from the tin onto a serving plate.When ready to serve, gently melt the chocolate and drizzle all over the tart.
- If you prefer not to use chocolate then top with sliced bananas and some chopped nuts.
- The dish is suitable for a vegan diet.
*Recipe and Recipe photo by Meridian Foods*
*No Payment was received*
What do you think?
Fancy making this creamy peanut butter pie?