Fun Geocaching..

Hello!

Yeah, my Children’s school have eventually broken up for their half-term school holidays. It feels like forever since they were last off school.

I’m sure most of the UK have already had at least a week off school already!? How does that work?

Thankfully they are both off at the same time as they are both at different schools and some schools around us broke up a few weeks ago. We would not have been able to go far if one was at school and one was home!

Fun Geocaching:
We have plenty of outdoor fun planned for the school holidays and can not wait to get out and explore new places. A few weeks ago we discovered Geocaching too. How much fun!?

Have you tried it before? It is an app where you can find secret things hidden near your home and wherever you travel too.

So far we have only found 3 hidden things though! A box and 2 magnetic screws and we have thousand’s more hidden things to find. Everything we have found has a little note inside so you can sign that you have found it. Genius idea.

It is so addictive and we all rush around when we are near something as we all want to be the one to find it first.

Writing our names in the book. Such a clever idea.

Left: A magnetic screw with a piece of paper wrapped up small to write your name inside.
Right: Me and my Daughter found this one a few days earlier and my Son was so close to finding this one!

My Daughter hiding the box again. So it is well hidden for the next people who come along to find it.

A photo alongside the first Geocache we found. Shh, we are not saying where it was hidden though. You have to find it for yourself.

Mollie not interested in the Geocaching fun, just hoping someone will throw her frisbee once in a while. Cheers, Mum!!

Have you tried Geocaching before?

It is great fun and gets all of the family out and about doing exercise, so double bonus!!

Linking up our outdoors fun Coombe Mill.

Claire

1. Island Living 365
    April 2, 2016 / 8:30 am

We have done this. It is such a great way of getting out and about and exploring new areas, isn't it! #countrykids

• Clairejustine oxox
      April 3, 2016 / 9:39 pm

We have just discovered it, yes we are all loving it too 🙂

2. Coombe Mill
    April 2, 2016 / 12:22 pm

Geocaching is something we've not got into but I understand it is really quite addictive and a great way to get our and make a walk more interesting. Some of them seam like a real challenge to find but are often in interesting places that you might not otherwise have explored. Looks like a fun time had by all, I hope Molly had her Frisbee thrown a few times too. thank you for sharing with me on #CountryKids

• Clairejustine oxox
      April 3, 2016 / 9:43 pm

Thanks Fiona, it is very addictive and we all fight (in a fun way) to find it when we are close, to be the first to find it! so it is lots of fun 🙂 Thanks for hosting,,

• Clairejustine oxox
      April 3, 2016 / 9:44 pm

Hehe, Mollie makes sure we throw it 🙂

3. mum of three boys
    April 2, 2016 / 1:12 pm

We was geocaching in london during the week, I love that you find caches every where, it's a great way to explore new areas

• Clairejustine oxox
      April 3, 2016 / 9:45 pm

Whoo we want to try it out in London, hope we get chance to visit this holiday :)Thanks for stopping by 🙂

4. mum of three boys
    April 2, 2016 / 1:12 pm

5. Melanie
    April 2, 2016 / 5:19 pm

Omg! To go geocaching in the London must be so awesome!! I love geocaching and my husband was obsessed with it for a while back! I just love when you never know what your going to find!! What a fun activity to do on a mini break!! =)I hope you have a great rest of the break! Melanie | Blog: Toots + Dill

• Clairejustine oxox
      April 3, 2016 / 9:45 pm

Thanks Melanie, I need to try London 🙂

6. Helena Ashworth
    April 2, 2016 / 5:21 pm

It's lovely to see others enjoying geocaching too. Our family are geocaching crazy and my daughter's name reflects nature. #CountryKids

• Clairejustine oxox
      April 3, 2016 / 9:49 pm

Thanks Helena, it is so much fun isn't it!! 🙂

7. Tamar SB
    April 2, 2016 / 10:03 pm

What a fun activity!

• Clairejustine oxox
      April 3, 2016 / 9:49 pm

Thanks Tamar 🙂

8. Kezzie
    April 2, 2016 / 10:55 pm

I really want to go geocaching again soon! We SO should have done it last week as my Brother-in-law was with us in Northumberland and he's the one who introduced it to us and he has the app!!! We found one of those micro-screw ones too!x

• Clairejustine oxox
      April 3, 2016 / 9:53 pm

It is so much fun, isn't it Kezzie 🙂 x

9. Chloe Ciliberto
    April 10, 2016 / 8:32 am

We LOVE geocaching. It's such a great family activity isn't it? You can do it anytime, anywhere, whatever the weather. It's definitely one of those 'i'm bored' activities and is great at involving kids and entertaining them on walks. Thank you so much for sharing with #whatevertheweather xx

10. Jenny Eaves
    April 11, 2016 / 10:43 pm

Love geocaching here too, but been a long time since we managed it, hoping that Mr O will enjoy it too, now that he's 4. I've never seen the magnetic screw ones, that must have been hard to find? All the ones around here have been boxes. Must check out the ones around our town. Thanks so much for linking up your geocaching fun with #Whatevertheweather 🙂 x