Fancy trying out these Great British Cupcakes?
How To Make Some Great British Cupcakes:
Recipe is for 12 cupcakes
- 125 grams self-raising flour
- 125 grams caster sugar
- 125 grams soft unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tub of Cake Angels Vanilla Frosting or alternatively make your own buttercream:
- 250 grams butter
- 500 grams icing sugar
- ½ tsp of vanilla essence
- 2 – 3 tbsp of milk
How To Make:
- For a simple buttercream icing mix the butter with the icing sugar and vanilla essence with an electric hand mixer. Continue to mix until smooth adding the milk to loosen the buttercream.
- Divide the buttercream into 3 bowls, add a few drops of food colouring to each bowl and mix until you have lovely pastel colours.
Extra ingredients to decorate:
How To Make:
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/gas mark 6 and line a muffin tin with 12 cake cases.
- Put all the ingredients except for the milk in a food processor and blitz until smooth. Pulse while adding milk down the funnel, to make a soft, dropping consistency. Alternatively, put all ingredients into a large mixing bowl and use an electric hand mixer.
- Or using a bowl and wooden spoon, cream the butter and sugar, beat in the eggs one at a time with a little of the flour. Add the vanilla extract and fold in the rest of the flour, adding the milk to make a soft, dropping consistency.
- Spoon into the cases equally.
- Put in the oven and bake for 15-18 minutes until the cupcakes are cooked and golden on top, check to see if the cupcakes are ready by inserting a cocktail stick into one of the cupcakes. If it comes out dry then the cupcakes are done. As soon as possible, take the cupcakes in their cases, out of the tin and let cool on a wire rack.
- Using a piping bag with a large star nozzle, 2/3 fill with the Cake Angels Vanilla buttercream/frosting, securing the top of the bag with a freezer clip. Start piping from the outer edge of the cupcake. Slowly work your way round overlapping the layers as you reach the centre of your cupcake. Remember to apply even pressure to your piping bag, this ensures an even swirl all the way around. Stop squeezing as you pull away from the centre of the swirl to create a nice pointed top a bit like an ice cream. Rinse and use the second and third colours to decorate in the same way.
- Take the Cake Angels Great British Sprinkles and a raspberry and decorate.
*Recipe and recipe photo by Cake Angels*
*No Payment was received*