I have started making these yummy treats up in the morning to save me looking for biscuits when I fancy something sweet.
How tasty, yummy fruit cocktail.
Perfect for snacking on too.
I make a jar up and the morning and just pour a china cup full when I fancy a sweet treat.
One way to get your 5 a day of fruit in!! A treat bursting with flavour and colour with a natural sweet kick to it.
Perfect for summer days and snacking on outside in the garden.
Would be a great idea for making up a big jar when having a BBQ.
Or even adding to a scoop of ice cream or a nice glass of alcohol as a yummy treat.
Healthy Fruit Cocktail Snack:
- Half of lemon, juice squeeze out
- 1 Teaspoon of runny honey
- 1 Apple
- 1 kiwi
- 50g Blueberries
- 50g Strawberries
- 50g Red or green grapes
- Squeeze your half of lemon into a bowl and mix with the runny honey. Mix well.
- Wash apple, cut into slices, remove the core. Place into the lemon mix, turn both sides of each to cover all apple in lemon juice so they don’t turn brown.
- Peel and slice the kiwi, add to the bowl.
- Wash the blueberries, add to the bowl.
- Wash, hull and slice the strawberries, add to the bowl.
- Wash, slice the grapes and add to the bowl. Give the fruit a big mix and add to a jar with a lid. Pour the lemon mix inside and give a good shake.
- All ready to snack on throughout the day.
A yummy and healthy snack to last all day long.
What do you think?
Do you like making fruit cocktail recipes up?
What would you add to your dish?
Do you fancy making this recipe?
As always I would love to hear your thoughts.