Pistachio Chocolate Tart with Caramel Mascarpone And Ganache By: Chef Lauren Mitterer
How To Make Pistachio Chocolate Tart with Caramel Mascarpone And Ganache:
- 225g butter
- 100g caster sugar
- Pinch Salt
- 280g plain flour
- 60g cocoa powder
- 60g Ground Pistachio nuts
Caramel Mascarpone Ganache:
- 225 mascarpone cheese
- 50g caramel sauce (see recipe below)
- 180g chocolate, chopped
- 180g single cream
- 125ml water
- 300g white sugar
- 25g corn syrup
- 250g butter
- 225g double cream
How To Make:
For the Tart Shell:
- Combine in the bowl of an electric mixer until dough forms. Gently press into the desired tart pan or individual tartlet pans. Place in freezer until firm.
- Place a small square of parchment paper on top of the dough and place either baking weights or dried beans on top.
- Bake in 400C / 180C/gas mark 6 oven until sides are slightly firm, approximately 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Remove weights and bake again to crisp, approx 5 minutes. If the dough is not baked enough it will be challenging to remove from pans.
For the Caramel Mascarpone Ganache:
- Combine mascarpone and caramel sauce in the bowl of an electric mixer with a whisk attachment. Whip until stiff.
- Spread in the bottom of the tart shell(s) and refrigerate.
- Bring cream to a boil in a saucepan, pour over chopped chocolate in separate bowl. Starting from the middle stir until cream is incorporated.
For the Caramel Sauce:
- In a saucepan combine, in this order, water, sugar, and corn syrup. Bring to a boil and cook until syrup reaches desired golden colour.
- While the sugar is boiling have a cup of water and brush near. Occasionally brush the sides of the pot with water to prevent the sugar from crystallizing.
- Once the sugar syrup is golden carefully add the butter and heavy cream while stirring. Add liquid slowly to prevent splashing, the mixture will also bubble so make sure your arms are protected.
- Once all cream and butter are added remove from saucepan and place in the desired storage container. Leave at room temperature stirring occasionally, once cool place in refrigerator to cool completely.
Assembling the Tart:
- Gently scoop chocolate cream mixture (ganache) onto the caramel mascarpone mixture already in tart shells. Make sure ganache is warm enough so that it forms a smooth top.
- Refrigerate the finished tart until ready to serve. Top with toasted, salted pistachios.
- The remaining caramel sauce is delicious poured over ice cream.
*Recipe and recipe photography by American Pistachios*
*No Payment was received*