Today I have a delicious and tasty pancake recipe to share with you:
Fancy trying out these Pistachio, oat and cranberry breakfast pancakes?
PREP: 10 minutes
COOK: 15 minutes
SERVES: 12 pancakes
How To Make Pistachio, Oat And Cranberry Breakfast Pancakes:
- 125g plain flour
- 1 level tsp baking powder
- 75g porridge oats
- 2-3 level tbsp caster sugar
- 75g shelled, unsalted pistachio nuts, roughly chopped
- 75g cranberries
- 2 medium eggs, separated
- 284ml carton buttermilk – see cooks tip
- Rapeseed oil, for frying
- Greek yogurt and summer berries, to serve
How To Make:
- Mix the flour and baking powder in a large bowl. Stir in the oats, sugar, pistachio nuts and cranberries.
- Make a well in the centre and beat in the egg yolks and buttermilk to make a thick batter (it should have the consistency of thick cream).
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff but not dry and fold into the batter.
- Heat a griddle pan or large heavy-based non-stick frying pan over a moderate heat. Add a tiny drop of oil to the hot pan. When the pan is hot, drop a heaped dessertspoon of the batter into the pan, flatten slightly with the back of the spoon, so that the pancakes are about 10cm in diameter and about 0.5cm thick.
- Cook for about 2 minutes or until bubbles start to break on the surface and pancakes are firm enough to flip. Flip and cook for 1-2 minutes more, until they feel springy when prodded. Transfer to a warm oven while you cook the rest, adding more oil as necessary.
- If you have trouble finding buttermilk you can use 150mls of plain yoghurt mixed with 130mls semi skimmed milk instead.
*Recipe and recipe photography by American Pistachios. No Payment was received*
What do you think?
Fancy trying out these Pistachio, Oat And Cranberry Breakfast Pancakes?