2 of my favourite things: Strawberries and Cakes!
Today I am sharing a fun recipe to try out.
Strawberry And Vanilla Ice Cream Cake Cones.
A cupcake in an ice-cream cone, a fun, non-melt picnic treat.
How To Make Strawberry And Vanilla Ice Cream Cake Cones:
Preparation: 40 mins
Cooking: 20 mins
- 150g butter, at room temperature
- 120g Tate & Lyle Caster Sugar
- 2 tbsp Lyle’s Golden Syrup
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 150g self-raising flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp Lyle’s Strawberry Squeezy Syrup
- 3-4 drops red food colouring
- 12 ice cream cones
Frosting And Decoration:
- 200g butter, at room temperature
- 200g Tate & Lyle Icing Sugar
- 1 tbsp Lyle’s Golden Syrup
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 12 strawberries
- Lyle’s Strawberry Squeezy Syrup, for drizzling
How To Make This Recipe:
- Adjust the shelves in your oven, as you need plenty of space for the ice cream cones. Preheat the oven to 180°C, Fan Oven 160°C, Gas Mark 4. Put 12 paper cake cases into a bun tin.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter until soft and creamy, then add the caster sugar and beat well with a wooden spoon or hand-held electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add the Lyle’s Golden Syrup and beat well. Gradually add the eggs, beating well between each addition. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Sift in the flour and salt, then use a large metal spoon to fold it in gently. Do not beat, or you will lose the air. Mix the Lyle’s Strawberry Squeezy Syrup with 3-4 drops of red food colouring. Add to the cake mixture and swirl through lightly – you want to create a two-tone mixture.
- Share the mixture between the cake cases. Position an up-turned ice-cream cone onto each one, lightly pressing it into the cake mixture. (As the cake mixture cooks it will rise up into the cones to fix firmly).
- Bake for 15-18 minutes. Cool in the tin for 15 minutes, then lift each one out and peel off the paper cake cakes. Cool on a wire rack until completely cold.
- For the frosting, beat the butter until soft and creamy, then gradually add the icing sugar, beating well with a wooden spoon or hand-held electric mixer. Beat in the Lyle’s Golden Syrup and vanilla. Spoon into a piping bag fitted with a star nozzle. Pipe onto the cakes to look like ice cream. Put a strawberry on top of each one, then serve drizzled with Lyle’s Strawberry Squeezy Syrup.
- Put the cones into glass tumblers or jam jars to serve.
This recipe is courtesy of Lyle’s Golden Syrup.
For more delicious recipe inspiration visit Lyles Golden Syrup.
No payment was received.