Upcycled Beetroot Jar : Shabby Chic Style..

I love to upcycle old jars when we have finished with them.

So what better old jar to use than finished beetroot jar? Plenty of room inside this jar to keep small bits and bobs altogether!!

When I have the spare time, I like to upcycle old things and jars are amongst my favourite things to upcycle. I have so many ideas spinning around my head!

I created this new hair clip jar a few weeks ago and it has been very handy!! Great as I was always losing my hair bits. Nothing worse than running when it is windy, without your hair clipped back. You can’t see, arrgg!!

I love anything Shabby Chic too and tried to make this with a shabby chic theme to it.

Anyway, take an old beetroot jar and upcycle it instead of throwing it away.

Was, an old beetroot jar. Now, recycled into a hair clip jar.

Now sat at my dressing table, ready to find my hair clips when I need them.

A few odds and ends I found around the house. Great, I always said they would come in handy one day. I take after my Mum for saving odds and ends. She takes after her Dad too, lol. Grandad had the best shed ever, full of all kinds of old goodies. I got these sweet little flowers from my Mum. I think they will be vintage, she has had them so long!

If anyone heard me on the garden giggling to myself as Mollie was trying to get in on the pictures, they would think I was crazy!!!

Her she is…

Mollie in the uncut picture!!

How much fun!?

After a bit of cutting, sewing and glueing:

Then all finished!!

Easy eh?

What do you think of my upcycled beetroot jar?

Do you like to upcycle?

Linking up with: Fiona over at Coombe Mill for the Trash 2 Treasure blog hop.

Claire

Find me on: Web | Twitter | Facebook

1. Suza
    4th April 2016 / 8:47 am

so wonderful. I like it very much.bestsusa

2. Pam @Threading My Way
    4th April 2016 / 8:54 am

No one will ever know that your pretty jar used to contain beetroot, Claire.

3. Coombe Mill
    4th April 2016 / 5:21 pm

What a gorgeous idea and all from odds and ends, you really are very creative. I love the delicate design you create here and it looks so much more than an old jar. I'll never let one go to recycling again. Thank you for sharing with me on #Trash2Treasure.

4. Savannah Noe
    8th April 2016 / 11:51 pm

This is absolutely adorable! I wish I was this crafty. You make it look so easy, but I try to do things like this and they turn out quite differently hahaWhat an imagination to turn a jar into such a beautiful, handy little thing. Thanks for sharing <3 #FridayFabulous

5. Penny Aylwin
    9th April 2016 / 5:38 pm

Oh that's so pretty! I'd be tempted to crochet something to go over the Hessian – as a way of using up some yarn. What a lovely upcycle

6. Julie's Lifestyle
    14th April 2016 / 7:19 pm

Your jar redo is just pretty and a perfect organizer.Thanks for sharing this at Cooking and Crafting with J & J.

7. Attachment Mummy
    14th April 2016 / 8:10 pm

Love this, I wish I had the imagination/patience to do this, it looks so fab and practical too. (LOVE your dog too, so cute!) Thanks for linking up to #FridayFabulous