Do you like to recycle, upcycle and reuse old glass jars?
I love to upcycle glass jars and Hartley’s Jam has kindly let me share some of their recycled jar ideas today. How cool can you make an old jam jar look with add flowers and planting bulbs into them?
What a beautiful idea?
Using old Hartley jam bottles: Simply wash out old jars and soak the jar in warm water to remove the outer label. Then let your imagination run wild.
1.) Adding Flowers And Fruit Into Your Jars:
Try slicing citrus fruit up and placed in the bottom of your old washed out jars, add some water to display, then add your favourite sweet little flowers. How pretty is this idea? You can mix and match the colours of fruit to go with your theme or flowers.
2.) Growing Flowers, Bulbs Or Herbs:
Why not grow your own bulbs, flowers and herbs in them. Wah out the jars well, remove labels, fill with soil and them add seeds to your favourite flowers bulbs or herbs.
How sweet do these flowers look?
National Gardening Week next week (11th-17th April).
What a great idea to try out!? You can make your own little garden on a windowsill full of jars.
What do you think of these Upcycled Jam Jars ideas? Fancy making any of these ideas?
For all my upcycle ideas you can find them here: Upcycled.
What else would you pop into old jars?
Here are a few more ideas:
- Cotton wool, cotton bud, cotton balls in the bathroom.
- Sweets, nuts, fruit or small biscuits.
- pencils, crayons, rubbers, paperclips etc.
- Homemade jams, marmalades and chutneys.
- Buttons, cotton, pins for sewing.
- Try painting pretty butterflies on them?
- Glue pretty lace and ribbons on them.
- Popping battery little lights into them.
- Why not pop your cutlery inside them? One set for each table setting?