Cashew Coconut & Chocolate Crispy Squares – A perfect chocolate, nutty treat to make with the kids that’s also suitable for vegans.
How To Make Cashew Coconut And Chocolate Crispy Squares:
Preparation time: 10 minutes, plus chilling
What You Need:
- 60g coconut oil
- 100g Meridian chunky cashew butter
- 30g Meridian malt extract
- 80g puffed brown rice, spelt or oats
- 40g coconut shavings
- 20g golden linseed
- 50g vegan chocolate chips
What You Do:
- Line a medium baking dish or brownie pan with baking paper.
- In a saucepan gently melt together the coconut oil, cashew butter and malt extract. In a separate bowl combine the rice, coconut and linseed.
- Pour the melted cashew butter over the rice mixture and stir until all of the rice is coated. Tip it into the prepared baking dish, spread to the edges and press down with the back of a spoon to compact.
- Gently melt the chocolate chips and drizzle over the crispy cake. Put it into the fridge to firm up then cut into squares.
- Keep them in the fridge to prevent them becoming crumbly.
*Recipe and recipe photo by Meridian Foods*
*No Payment was received*
What do you think of this Cashew Coconut And Chocolate Crispy Squares recipe?
Fancy trying it?
You might also like:
How To Make Black Raspberry Oaty Bars:
Are you looking for a lunchtime treat recipe?
With a double hit of raspberry flavours, these delicious oat and almond bars will have you reaching for seconds.
Luckily they’re low on sugar, high on taste.
Make them any time of year by using frozen raspberries.
California Raisin Energy Bars:
Fancy making some California raisin energy bars?
A quick but guilt-free breakfast full of fibre for busy mornings.
Or perfect for a mid-morning snack after the gym.