Today I have a healthy recipe for you:
Jennifer Irvine’s Warm Poached California Prunes With Yogurt:
Jennifer Irvine’s says;
“These poached California Prunes are unlike any you’ve ever tried before – fragrant, citrusy, smokey prunes served with a sharp, smooth yoghurt. But there’s no reason to restrict yourself to breakfast – these make for a wonderful afternoon snack or a delicious dessert! The following recipe makes enough for a serving for 2 people, but I usually multiply the quantities and store the leftovers in a sealed jar in the fridge where they’ll last about a week. Or a couple of days, depending on how often you reach for them!”
How To Make Jennifer Irvine’s Warm Poached California Prunes With Yogurt:
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes, plus 30 mins + cooling time
Ingredients: (for 2):
- 8 ready-to-eat California Prunes
- 100ml California Prune juice
- 1 cup of strong tea (I love Redbush tea)
- Zest of an orange
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 200g natural yoghurt
How To Make:
- Place all of the ingredients, except for the yoghurt, in a heavy-based pan, place over a high heat, and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat, cover, and leave to simmer for 10 minutes, then turn off the heat and leave to cool.
- Divide the yoghurt between two bowls. Scoop out the prunes with a slotted spoon and place half on top of each helping of yoghurt. Drizzle with a tablespoon or two of the fragrant liquid, and eat immediately.
*Recipe credits by California Prunes *
*No Payment was received*
What do you think of this Jennifer Irvine’s Warm Poached California Prunes With Yogurt recipe?
Fancy trying it?
As always, we would love to hear your thoughts.
Please leave a comment below if you get to try this recipe.