Sometimes the thought of salad for lunch sounds boring.
So to make it more fun I like to jazz it up a little.
Here is a fun idea.
This is how I severed my lunch up yesterday.
I am also going to make them up for the children at the weekend.
You will need:
- A small muffin baking tray
- 3 celery sticks
- 2 heaped spoonfuls of hummus
- 6 plum cherry tomatoes
- 8 slices of cucumber
- Handful of strong grated cheese
- Handful of chopped lettuce
- Handful of rocket
- 2-4 of your favourite crackers to make it filling
How To Make:
- Get a muffin tray ready to use. Wash and cut top and bottoms of 3 celery sticks, cut in half, add to try.
- Add 2 heaped spoonfuls of hummus in on hole.
- Wash and chop 8 slices of cucumber, add to another hole in tray. Add a big handful of washed and chopped lettuce to another hole and wash 6 plum cherry tomatoes for another slot in the tray.
- Grate a big handful of strong cheese, add to try and decorate with a handful of rocket.
- Serve with a few of your favourite crackers.
What do you think?
Do you think these make a fun lunch too?
You might also like these fun salad recipes:
Avocado Mango Salad:
Are you looking for a nice and tasty salad treat?
Fancy making a nice and refreshing Avocado Mango Salad anyone?
So fruity too.
How To Make Chicken & Blackberry Salad:
Are you on the lookout for a nice and tasty salad recipe?
One with fruit inside?
Chicken & Blackberry salad anyone.
This chicken and blackberry salad not only looks beautiful but packs a punch when it comes to flavour.
The soft chicken mixed with the juicy blackberries and the zesty lemon dressing is a winner.