As it is British Sandwich Week (8th to 14th May 2016) I thought I would share some yummy sandwich recipes, starting with this organic steak sandwich with green goddess mayo by Helen Graves.
How To Make An Organic Steak Sandwich With Green Goddess Mayo:
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Good quality, organic steak doesn’t need much to make it really shine.
Helen Graves keeps it the hero ingredient in her simple steak sandwiches, cooking quickly on the barbecue for a charred crust, and serving in a baguette with a vibrant herb mayo that’s idea for a summer lunch.
Steak sandwich :
- 4 Organic sirloin steaks, approx. 250g each
- 1 Baguette
- 1 Handful of fresh organic rocket leaves
Green goddess mayo:
- 6 Anchovy fillets
- 1 Bunch of fresh organic basil
- 1 Bunch of chives
- 2 Organic spring onions
- 1 Avocado, peeled and stoned
- 1 Organic garlic clove, peeled
- 1 Tbsp of organic white wine vinegar
- 3 Tbsp of organic mayonnaise
- Freshly organic ground black pepper
How To Make:
- Set up a barbecue ready for grilling with a high heat.
- Grill the steaks for a couple of minutes only on each side to achieve a medium-rare finish. Keep turning the steaks regularly to create a nice, crispy crust on the outside of the steak.
- Rest the meat for 5 minutes while you prepare the mayo.
- Blitz together the anchovies, herbs, spring onions, avocado, garlic and vinegar in a blender, adding a little water if needed to help everything combine.
- Mix in the mayonnaise and adjust the seasoning to taste
- Halve the baguette lengthways and spread generously with the green goddess mayo.
- Cut the steak into 1cm thick slices and layer up in the baguette with the rocket leaves, then cut into individual sandwiches.
Recipe credit: Created by Helen Graves for The Organic Trade Board’s ‘Organic. Naturally Different’ campaign, courtesy of Great British Chefs.
*No Payment was received*