45+ Lifestyle Blogger From Nottingham

Parkrun Fun In Gedling

On Saturday mornings we like to travel around different parts of Nottinghamshire and beyond. Finding somewhere fun for our morning family runs. When my husband has a morning off work that is!

We love to try out different Parkrun courses. We are really lucky to have a variety of Parkrun’s that we can go to. This way we never get fed up just going to the same one. Some are flat and fast, some hilly, all challenging!!

On Saturday morning we can all decide if we want to run through the woods, run up hills or try and get a new PB.

A few weeks ago my Husband found us a new one to try out. Gedling Country Park. We all love this one but it is very challenging. Two long hills and one really short steep hill. Wow though, when not gasping for breath, What lovely views.

My Daughter woke up feeling poorly. She wrapped herself up and said she was not doing Parkrun.

Does this look the face of someone poorly or someone who did not want to run up the hills? Lol.

Somehow once the race was done, she felt loads better. Think she wanted to stop with her big Brother who was home from Uni that day. She enjoyed cheering us on instead.

Mollie came with us.

This is the first hill.

Who wants to run a nice flat fast Parkrun course when you can have this fun and challenging course?

May have been my slowest Parkrun time ever, but it was so much fun!

Nice long hill anyone?

Youngest Son making this hill look easy peasey!?

My face shows how much pain this hill was.

Haha.

Yeah. Some downhill.

How much do I like downhill running!?

My youngest Son sprinting to the finish line, again making it look easy.

Then 8 minutes behind my Son, here I am!

Huffing, puffing and moaning at my Husband who kindly paced me round..

Running never gets any easier does it!?

Have you ever tried Parkrun? It is a free friendly run every Saturday 09.00. A timed 5km. Or in lots of places, there is a kids only 2km every Sunday 09.00. There will be one near you, check it out!!

40 responses to “Parkrun Fun In Gedling”

1. Would Like To Be a Yummy Mummy says:

I keep meaning to join in with our park run but haven't made it yet. I have however, just been out running after dropping the girls at school. Looks like a difficult run here but so good for the whole family #countrykids

• Clairejustine oxox says:

Thank you lovely, I bet you girls would love it 🙂 I really like the ones on Sunday for the little ones as they are not to far 🙂

2. Coombe Mill says:

Parkruns always look like fun whenever you share them on here, unfortunately I can never make them with our changeover being a Saturuday. This park run looks like it was definitely a challenging one, but those views look fab. It looks like overall you all had a fab time at the new route. Thanks for linking up with me on #CountryKids.

• Clairejustine oxox says:

Thanks for hosting and stopping by Fiona. Aww yes it would be hard to get out on Saturday and do one. Pity they didn't do them on another day too!

3. Island Living 365 says:

I keep meaning to do park runs but finding excuses! That looks like a fab course and I can see that mixing it up and finding new courses is the key to staying motivated. Well done on completing what looks like a challenging course!! 🙂 xx #countrykids

• Clairejustine oxox says:

Thank you. Yes this one is the toughest one we have been to yet. Also fun 🙂 I hope you get to try one soon..

4. Chilling With Lucas says:

Well done to your family! I couldn't imagine me or D ever getting up saying let's go for a run haha although we do make sure we go for walks to get Lucas into the habit of exercise x

5. Tamar SB says:

What a gorgeous place! Well done all of you!

6. beautyqueenuk says:

Well done you for joining in and jogging, I am not built for jogging but so many of my friends do it and just love it x

• Clairejustine oxox says:

Thank you lovely. I hate running but I love food, ha! I have been putting weight on a little now so I am trying to get back out running more 🙂

7. Helena Ashworth says:

I've not heard of parkrun before but then I'm more of a couch potatoe 😉 #CountryKids

8. Nat Jones says:

I've heard alot about parkrun but have never been brave enough to try….to be fair I'm not sure i'm fit enough for 5k at the moment lol!

9. Ivana Split says:

I have never tried Park run but it seems a fantastic thing to do. You have a lovely family…so cool you're all running together!!!http://modaodaradosti.blogspot.ba/

10. ana de jesus says:

I don't know about fun but it looks like a great, invigorating run, well done for completing the run x

11. Kara Guppy says:

I have not done a parkrun, I cannot run for toffee – let me swim anyday

12. The Parenting Trials says:

Wow go you, I've never done a park run lol. I use to do bootcamp twice a week and part of that was running and have to admit I suck at running lol xx

13. kerry norris says:

Well done to you all for doing this. I'd love to take up running. I just feel like I don't have time for it but I guess I could make it a family affair like you do x

• Clairejustine oxox says:

Thanks Kerry. Yes cos we all like running it is easier to do it. If one of us wasn't interested it would be a lot harder to arrange it 🙂

14. Anosa Malanga says:

Not even sure if my park has park runs but this looks fun and am jealous for your entire family runs together.

15. Mirka @fitness4mamas says:

It's fantastic to see all your family take park in such a great fitness activity. Need to persuade my hubby who is more into cycling. #FitnessTuesday

16. drjulietmcgrattan.com says:

What brill photos! We're parkrun fans too. This half term we were visiting family in N Ireland and went along to Portrush parkrun which is the only one entirely on sand. It's a really nice run and the whole family did it including my 8 year daughter – her first complete parkrun. Hurray!

17. Morgan Prince says:

I've never done a Parkrun but it looks like fun! I think that kind of run would finish me off! I'll have to check them out. 🙂

18. Joanne Mallon says:

So lovely to see your whole family running together. I've never done a ParkRun but I'm pretty tempted now, though I suspect ours literally is a few laps around the park and nowhere near as picturesque as yours.

19. tracey bowden says:

I love that you all run together. Me and my daughter like to run around around our local park in the summer but it doesn't usually last that long before we stop! I really want to take part in a run like this I think I need a fitness bucket list #fitnesstuesday

20. Toni • Gym Bunny Mummy says:

I've never heard of ParkRun but I'm going to google it & see if there's one ner us, it looks fab 🙂

21. Angela Milnes says:

This looks so fun and nice to se you can do this as a family too. Thanks for sharing. #FitnessTuesday