45+ Lifestyle Blogger From Nottingham

Queens Crown Cupcakes & Throwing A Street Party Tips

Queens Crown Cupcakes And Throwing A Street Party Tips.

*Commissioned by Dr. Oetker*

Over the weekend I have been working with Dr. Oetker on a really fun baking project. I am so excited to finally share my post.

I have been making cupcakes to celebrate The Queen’s Birthday. I am also sharing my top tips on throwing your own Street Party.

Having 4 children I have had to become a dab hand at organizing parties. I certainly don’t need any excuse to make yummy cupcakes!

Queens Crown Cupcakes And Throwing A Street Party Tips

Queens Crown Cupcakes And Throwing A Street Party Tips:

Ahead of the Queen’s Birthday celebrations, Dr. Oetker has teamed up with baking expert Juliet Sear to create a nine-tier Birthday cake.

Queens Crown Cupcakes And Throwing A Street Party Tips

This impressive bake honours some of this patriotic nations favourite things; adorable Corgis, traditional party bunting, Union Jack colours and the Queen’s Jeweled Crown.

Queens Crown Cupcakes And Throwing A Street Party Tips

How amazing is this cake!? I really wish I was this talented!

90th Birthday cake

I got sent a lovely parcel full of cake topping from Dr. Oetker to try this recipe out. Putting my own little twist on these beautiful Fairy cakes, see below.

cupcakes

These cake recipe has been created for you to try out at home and celebrate the Queens Birthday too.

Queens Crown Cupcakes And Throwing A Street Party Tips.

Here is Dr. Oetker Strawberry and Cream Crown Cupcakes:

Preparation time: 55 minutes plus cooling
Cooking time: 18 minutes

Makes: 10

Ingredients:

To Decorate:

Method:

1. Preheat the oven to 190˚C (170˚C fan assisted oven, 375˚F, gas mark 5). Put the Baking Cases in 10 fairy cake tins. Put the margarine in a mixing bowl with the caster sugar, egg and Vanilla. Sift the flour on top and using an electric whisk on a low speed, gently whisk the ingredients together.
  2. Increase the speed and whisk for a few seconds until well blended and creamy. Divide the mixture equally between the cake cases and smooth over the tops. Bake for 16 -18 minutes until risen and lightly golden. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
  3. Using a teaspoon, scoop out a neat portion of sponge from the centre of each cake and fill with jam. Press the cut-out sponge back on top to seal in the jam. Set aside.
  4. To decorate, gently knead the red and blue Ready to Roll icing separately to make pliable, then cut each into 5 pieces. Form each into a ball. Cut a deep cross in the top of each and roll the base of each ball between your fingers to make it narrower than the top – they should look like tiny chefs’ hats.
Dr. Oerker

The first attempt at the Crowns and they were not going too well.

So as not to waste the ingredients I made these red white and blue cupcakes.

These were so easy to make.

Same ingredients as above. Just roll the ready-made icing and cut out shapes with cookie cutter. Easy for anyone.

cupcakes
cakes
cakes
cakes
cupcakes

Then my second attempt at the Crowns went much better.

Queens Crown Cupcakes And Throwing A Street Party Tips
Queens Crown Cupcakes And Throwing A Street Party Tips

I am sure by the 3rd or 4th attempt they would be perfect!? Fingers crossed.

The Queen’s official Birthday is on Saturday, June the 11th. On Sunday the 12th, the Mall outside Buckingham Palace will be turned into a huge street party with a picnic and street performances for 10,000 guests.

How amazing would it be to go to London and be a part of this?

My Husband will be working that day so we will have to make our own party in the garden or on the street. Any excuse to make a cake! Have some fun.

GB

My Top Tips On Throwing A Queens Garden Or Street Party:

1. 6 days before: Make a list! What kinds food do you want at your party? Do you want sandwiches? or hot food on the BBQ’s? Who will be at your party adults or children? So you have an idea of how many drinks you need. With how much alcohol.
  2. 5 days before: Make or buy some fun decorations and bunting. Something typically British!! Pinterest is great for finding ideas on party styling. If you search something like Queen Street Party, Bunting, you will find some amazing ideas.
  3. 4 Days before: Plan your treats recipes. What recipes do you need and how many do you need to make? Cakes, cupcakes corgi biscuits?
  4. 3 days before: Try some new recipes out for your family first, just so you know how to make them right for the party. My crowns turned out much better the second time around.
  5. 2 days before: Double check your list, buying all your fresh ingredients, along with anything else you need for the party. Food, baking ingredients, drinks, napkins, paper cups and plates. If you’re having a BBQ do you have everything you need?
  6. 1 day before Bake all your cakes and treats in bulk. Store them in airtight boxes. Chop up salads etc making it easier on the day. If you have a big airtight box, cut up cobs ready for the day. So much easier to have them ready sliced. If having sandwiches, make egg or tuna filling the day before and keep them in the fridge.
  7. The big day. Hopefully, everything is all ready just to get out and be put into place. Enjoy!!
Queens Crown Cupcakes And Throwing A Street Party Tips

How would you like the chance to win your very own four-tier version of the celebratory cake for your own party?

Hop over to Dr. Oetker now and enter your details here:

Win A Cake For Your Party. Closing Date 06.06.2016 12:00 / Open to GB Residents aged 18+

Queens Crown Cupcakes And Throwing A Street Party Tips.

*This post is commissioned by Dr. Oetker. All thoughts are my own.*

You Might Also Like:

Pimms Cake Queen’s Birthday:

Pimms Cake Queen’s Birthday.

Sunday Lunch Scones: Queen’s Birthday.

Latest From The Blog:

63 responses to “Queens Crown Cupcakes & Throwing A Street Party Tips”

1. Suza says:

fantastic. Well done, great workbest susa

2. Anna Nuttall says:

An absolutely amazing cake – you done queen and country proud!

3. Clare Elise says:

OH WOW! Such bright pics <3 and those cakes 🙂 YUM!

4. Stella Olojola says:

OMG. That big cake is so pretty. I love the colours.

5. Anosa Malanga says:

9-tier cake, how awesome is that I am absolutely it and loving your cupcakes too

6. Margarett Murphy says:

The cupcakes look amazing and wow!That big cake is amazing!

7. Gill Jacob says:

These cupcakes are amazing, where you you get the Union Jack cases from?

• Clairejustine oxox says:

Thank you Jill. Aww I got these ages ago from Home bargains! I thought they were great for these buns 🙂

8. Kate Tunstall says:

I'm a MASSIVE cake fiend. This looks incredible. I would totally face plant that cake.

9. Kirsty Hijacked By Twins says:

Wow that cake is amazing!!! Your cupcakes sound lovely and the decorations are great! x

10. Fiona says:

Those cakes look amazing and you did a great job recreating the crowns x

11. Kara Guppy says:

OMG that cake is amazing – wow. You efforts are great too, well done

12. Melanie Ed says:

OMG that cake is massive, that would have taken me a week to make. or 4 days without the kids.

• Clairejustine oxox says:

Thanks Melanie, I would love to know, where to start eating it. It would take me longer to make than eat, lol 🙂

13. beautyqueenuk says:

Wow a fantastic cake wow, literally I would never want to cut that to eat it. I am loving your crown cakes x

14. Jessica Powell says:

Oh, my gosh that cake is amazing! I love your cupcakes too! My attempts at decorating usually go something like, step one: look at this amazing pinterest picture I found to emulate. step 2: much mess and cursing. step 3: cover cupcake in sprinkles to hide attempt… xD

15. Helen @ Fuss Free Flavours says:

I did not even attempt to make those crowns when I did this – sugar craft is so not my thing. I am in awe of Juliet's skills however.

16. Cathy Glynn says:

What an amazing cake and I love your attempts, I'm not much good at creating models so the crowns look really difficult to get a fab finish x

• Clairejustine oxox says:

Thanks Cathy, I have never tried anything like this before, so really pleased with my 2nd attempt 🙂

17. kerry norris says:

Wow what an amazing cake. I wish I was that talented I'm just not that great at icing. I'd love a street party. Don't know if anyone else in the street would be x

• Clairejustine oxox says:

Ha, Kerry I would love a street party if everyone did a bit. I think it would be a lot for just one person to organise 🙂 I think it will be more of family and friends on the garden here..

18. Double the Monkey Business says:

These are really cool!! I wish I could design cakes like this, I am not very talented when it comes to stuff like that! x

19. Life is Knutts says:

That cake is insanely brilliant!!!!Well done on your efforts Hun! They're great! I think the heart ones are very Alice in Wonderland – even though they aren't crownsX I love them.And the second attempt at the crowns was a complete success!! They look very fiddly so you did brilliantly.Great review and post!x

• Clairejustine oxox says:

Aww thank you lovely. Ha I am not to good with fiddly things but I was please with the end result :):)

20. Hannah - Budding Smiles says:

Good work on the crowns! My cakes generally taste good but I'm useless at decorating them. The huge street party sounds amazing, I wish I was going!xx

21. Keely Gallagher says:

Amazing! I absolutely love the little corgi biscuits on the four tier cake – please do a tutorial for these next!

22. Julia Nyanyo says:

You made such fun cakes, and that 9 tear fancy one is just amazing isn't it! Dr Oetker stuff is always so reliably good .Street parties are always so weather reliant so you need to add ordering good weather to your list!

23. Ickle Pickle says:

They look so great – and that 'official' cake is just amazing! I would love to be able to bake! Kaz x

24. Sarah Stockley says:

These look fantastic – what amazing cakes! Sarah #FabFridayPost

25. Zena's Suitcase says:

I love your cup cakes. I wouldn't stand a chance of making anything as neat as that!

26. Ethan.n.Evelyn says:

Wow! Your cake is amazing! They are so simple yet colourful and has the playfulness to it too. Thank you so much for linking up with us on #FabFridayPost p.s. please don't forget the badge Thank you x

27. Shoebox full of memories Blog says:

I'm impressed! Love your honesty about trying to get the decorations right. Much of my baking attempts end up as Pinterest 'nailed it' messes!#PoCoLo

28. Shoebox full of memories Blog says:

29. JustBethany says:

This is amazing! I am lucky if I can get my cakes out of the pan in one piece.

30. Kim Carberry says:

Those cupcakes look fab! Way better than anything I could make 😀 x

31. Jayne SMABL says:

What fab cakes, well done! I imagine those crowns to be quite fiddly, but looks like you nailed it.I could just binge out on them all 🙂 x

32. Jess says:

Oh gosh! Everything looks SO pretty! :)I would love for you to add this to my Recipes and Crafts Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips/Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!