Looking for something a little different for your lunch?
Something to pack up and take to work or pack up for the children’s lunch box?
Or maybe have already in the fridge for a lunchtime treat.
How about trying these fun Rainbow Chicken Roll-Ups?
Add a little colour to your lunch with this vibrant mix of beetroot hummus, red-stemmed chard, strawberries, carrots and thinly sliced chicken.
How to make rainbow chicken roll-ups:
Prep: 15 minutes
- 4x20cm/8inch reduced fat tortilla wraps
- 180g/6oz pack beetroot or traditional hummus
- 100g/4oz red or rainbow stemmed Swiss chard leaves
- 175g/6oz wafer thin sliced chicken roll
- 175g/6oz reduced fat soft cream cheese
- Little coarsely ground black pepper
- 150g/5oz strawberries, hulled, halved, sliced
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 carrot, cut into long thin slices then into matchstick strips
- 1 yellow pepper, halved, cored, deseeded, cut into thin strips
How To Make:
- Separate the tortilla wraps then spread each one with the hummus.
- Trim the stems from the chard leaves then cut the stems into thin matchstick strips and put to one side. Arrange the leaves over the wraps then top with the sliced chicken.
- Spread the soft cheese in a thick line down the centre of each wrap then sprinkle with pepper. Arrange the strawberry slices in a row on the cream cheese then drizzle with the vinegar.
- Top the strawberries with the chard stems, carrot and yellow pepper. Roll each wrap up then wrap in nonstick baking paper and tie with string or wrap in foil if preferred. Pack into a lunchbox with a frozen ice block to keep them cold.
- Unwrap and cut into slices to serve.
*Recipe and recipe photography by Seasonal Berries. No Payment was received*
What do you think?
How do you fancy trying these rainbow chicken roll-ups?