Fancy giving these Succulent Chicken Satay Skewers a try?
A little Lyle’s Black Treacle gives that signature depth of flavour to this simple chicken satay dish.
How To Make Succulent Chicken Satay Skewers:
Preparation10 mins, plus 2-3 hours to marinate
Cooking 15 mins
FOR THE CHICKEN SATAY:
- 2 tbsp Lyle’s Black Treacle
- 100g crunchy peanut butter
- 4 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 500g skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
FOR THE SALAD:
- 1 tsp Lyle’s Black Treacle
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 carrot, pared into strips
- 8 radish, sliced
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 Little Gem lettuce, shredded
- Handful of beansprouts
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
How to make this recipe:
- To make the satay sauce put the Lyle’s Black Treacle into a large mixing bowl (not a metal one) with the peanut butter, chilli sauce, soy sauce and lemon juice. Spoon half this mixture into a small serving bowl, stir in 2 tbsp just-boiled water, then cover and set aside to serve with the meal.
- Add the chunks of chicken to the rest of the satay sauce in the bowl. Mix well, then cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours (or overnight, if preferred).
- When ready to cook, preheat the barbecue or grill. Thread the chicken onto soaked wooden kebab sticks or skewers. Barbecue or grill, turning often, for 8-10 minutes, or until the chicken is done. (Test with a sharp knife – there should be no trace of pink juices).
- While the chicken is cooking, make the salad dressing by mixing together the Lyle’s Black Treacle with the olive oil, lemon juice and mustard in a salad bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Add the carrot, radish, spring onions, lettuce and beansprouts. Toss together and serve with the chicken skewers and reserved satay sauce.
- If you’re quite hungry, serve the chicken and salad in warm pittas, or with rice.
*This recipe is courtesy of Lyle’s Golden Syrup. For more delicious recipe inspiration visit Lyles Golden Syrup.No payment was received.*