BerryWorld Strawberry And British Asparagus Mini Quiches.
“This recipe is quick and easy – using bought puff pastry it’s a twist on a classic quiche. Crème fraiche, eggs and pink peppercorns work together beautifully and the final result looks & tastes divine. Sometimes I like to make tiny individual tarts for picnics!”
How To Make BerryWorld Strawberry And British Asparagus Mini Quiches:
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
- 1 tbsp flour for dusting
- 250g ready roll puff pastry
- 1 whisked whole large egg, for glazing
- 75g asparagus tips
- 150g strawberries washed and halved
- 4 tbsp creme fraiche
- 2 large eggs, plus 1 extra yolk
- 10 crushed pink peppercorns
- 50g Parmigiano cheese, grated
- Salt & pepper
What To Do:
- Preheat your oven to 200c and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- On a floured surface, roll out the puff pastry and cut into 6 equal portions, pressing each into a shallow tart tray.
- Prick the pastry all over inside the border, brush with whisked egg mixture and bake for 12-15 minutes then remove and push down the bases inside the borders and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix the creme fraiche, eggs and yolk and the parmesan together, lightly season, then empty the filling onto the chilled pastry cases.
- Arrange the asparagus tips and the strawberries over the mixture and using a pastry brush, cover the exposed pastry borders with the whisked egg mix and gently brush the asparagus and strawberries too. Sprinkle with the crushed peppercorns.
- Bake for about 20 minutes until the pastry is golden brown and the filling is cooked.
*Recipe and photograph by Berry World*
*No Payment was received*
What do you think of these BerryWorld Strawberry And British Asparagus Mini Quiches?
Fancy making some?
Perfect for any Summer parties you might be having coming up.