Yes the sun is out today and it is beautiful. The weather forecast says it is going to be hot all week too, great news!!
It has got me thinking of making some healthy and yummy treats for the children to keep them cool.
Are you looking for something healthy and fun to make? That will keepy ou cool on hot Summer days? Maybe a nice treat idea to serve up in the afternoon sun?
Today I am sharing this fun Blackcurrant, Pear and Apple Lolly recipe from The Blackcurrant Foundation.
How cool. 2 flavours rolled into one lolly, yummy!!
Keep some of these in the freezer for instant summer chill!
How to make Blackcurrant, Pear and Apple Lolly:
Preparation time: 5 mins plus freezing time
Cooking time:5 mins
- 300g fresh or thawed frozen blackcurrant
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- 200ml apple and pear juice
- a lolly mould for four lollies
- Place the blackcurrants and sugar into a pan and heat for a few minutes until the sugar dissolves and the fruit softens.
- Sieve the blackcurrants to extract the liquid only, discarding the pulp.
- Divide the juice into the bottom of the lolly moulds and place in the freezer for about an hour, or until the juice has nearly frozen solid.
- Carefully pour the apple and pear juice on top to fill and return to the freezer for another hour at least, or until the lollies are completely frozen.
Recipe and photography by The Blackcurrant Foundation.
What do you think of these fun Blackcurrant, Pear and Apple Lolly’s?
Fancy making some for you or the kids or both!?
What do you think?
Let me know your thoughts in the comment box below 🙂
You can also mix and match some of you own flavour’s together and experiment with different flavours too.