Chicken And Chorizo Picnic Pies anyone?
Today I’m sharing a fun picnic pies recipe idea with you. How fun to make these up and eat over the weekend!?
Perfect to take on a picnic if the weather stays nice!!
How To Make Chicken And Chorizo Picnic Pies:
Preparation time:20 minutes
Cooking time:20-25 minutes
Total time:45 minutes
- 60g Cooks’ Ingredients Diced Chorizo
- 500g essential Waitrose British Chicken Thigh; Fillets, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 150ml chicken stock
- 1/2 lemon, juice only
- 2 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- 500g pack shortcrust pastry
- 3 tbsp milk
How To Make:
- Cook the chorizo, chicken, onion and garlic in a pan for 8–10 minutes until the chicken is golden and cooked through with no pink meat.
- Stir in the cornflour, cook for a few seconds, add the stock and lemon juice, and bring to a simmer. Take off the heat and stir in the parsley.
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC, gas mark 6. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the pastry thinly and cut out 12 x 12cm rounds. Place half the discs on a large baking sheet. Spoon some filling on top of each disc, leaving a narrow border around the edge. Brush the borders with milk, then place the remaining discs on top.
- Using a fork, press around the edges of each pie to seal, then make a little hole in the centre of each. Brush with milk and bake for 20–25 minutes until golden and piping hot. Serve warm or cold.
*Recipe and recipe photo by Waitrose Chicken And Chorizo Picnic Pies*
*No Payment was received*
What do you think of these Chicken And Chorizo Picnic Pies?
Fancy making some for your next picnic?
Now I am off to plan our next picnic!
Try now or Pin for later.