Fancy trying something different?
How about this Ginger and Orange Chicken recipe?
How To Make Ginger And Orange Chicken:
Serves 4 people
- 8 chicken drumsticks or 12 wings
- 200ml Belvoir Ginger Cordial
- Juice of 4 oranges
- Rind of 1 orange taken off with a vegetable peeler then finely julienned
- 1 good tsp of Colmans mustard powder
- 6 whole peppercorns
- 1 large thumb of fresh root ginger peeled and thinly sliced then stacked and thinly julienned
- 1 tsp cider vinegar
- Half a bag of fresh watercress leaves
How To Make:
- Put the orange rind in a small pan cover with water & bring to the boil. Cook for 1 minute. Tip away the water and leave the rind to cool.
- In another pan pour in the ginger cordial, followed by the juice, mustard powder, peppercorns. Bring up to a rapid boil & reduce over approximately 15 minutes, the mixture wants to be only marginally less thick than cough syrup, but syrupy none the less. Stir in the shredded ginger & orange peel.
- Take the drumsticks, stab then all over with the point of a knife. Put in a bowl & cover with the ginger & orange marinade. Leave for an hour in the fridge for an hour turning once.
- Pre-heat the grill to full. Take an oven tray, salt the chicken all over, lay the on the tray. Give the tops of the drumsticks a brush with excess marinade, making sure some of the rind lays on top of the chicken & drizzle with a little sunflower oil.
- Put under the grill for 10 minutes, they want to be well browned, almost burnt in places, turn the chicken over & paint the other side with marinade, with more orange & ginger strands. Tip the remaining syrup into the bottom of the pan or tray & cook for a further 10 minutes in this side. The marinade in the bottom of the tray and will reduce, darken and get increasingly sticky.
- Transfer the chicken to a serving dish rolling them in the syrup one more time, arrange in the dish with watercress, making sure any remaining syrup has been poured over the chicken. Great eaten hot or cold.
*Recipe and recipe photography by Belvoir *
*No Payment was received*