How Do You Handle A Compliment? Creative Mondays Blog Hop

Happy Monday everyone. Hope you’ve had a lovely weekend?

Creative Mondays is my favourite blog hop of the week as I get to see all your amazing creative ideas. Link up, have fun reading other posts on the hop and please be kind enough to link back to the hop in your post.

In a recent survey commissioned by George at Asda, they found out that 41% of women feel unsatisfied with their body shape, and only 13% of women find compliments about their body shape to be believable.

I think we can all find something we don’t like about our bodies, especially as we get older. I could easily write a list of things I would like to change. If somebody does pays me a compliment though, I would be smiling all day and believe them 😉

They say “It’s how you wear your clothes that make all the difference when it comes to body confidence”.

I agree with this as I always feel more confident if I am wearing nice clothes that go together with everything else you are wearing.

How Do You Handle A Compliment?

George at Asda kindly offered me the opportunity to style an outfit from their clothing range. That makes me feel body confident.

How lovely of them!

I am not the most confident person however, I am happy with my everyday surroundings. I usually keep my head low when I wear my exercise clothes. Mostly because I am going for a run, rushing to the gym or walking with Mollie The Border Collie.

When I go out somewhere or shopping I do like to dress up and look nice. I feel more confident when I wear nice clothes, pretty shoes and a little makeup.

I picked the following items from George at Asda to feel more confident.

1.)  A Cowboy Hat:

I am not usually a hat person (apart from a woolly hat in Winter when running).  When the sun us shining I always wish I had a nice Summer hat. It will be really nice to wear a hat to keep the sun off my head. If the sun gets to me I usually feel miserable, and it shows! This hat will keep me standing tall.

Cowboy hat £6.00

2.) Sunglasses :

It is well known that wearing cosmetics make you feel more confident but you don’t always want to be wearing lots of make up. Sunglasses are great for giving you a confidence boost without wearing makeup. Perhaps with just some nice red lipstick, but nothing else.

Sunglasses £5.00

3.) A Maxi Dress:

I love maxi dresses. They are cool and floaty and not too figure hugging. If you get the right length and style they look beautiful. Also great for if you are in a hurry with no time to shave your legs. No one will ever know!!

This dress looks lovely and stylish with little splits in the side. It has pretty lacy pieces cut into the back and it has a real quality feel to it. Such a bargain.

Maxi dress £18.00

4.) A Kimono:

How pretty is this kimono?  I am at an age where I need to slightly cover my arms to be more confident. Ideal then with this. This top is perfect for wearing with strappy dresses or vest tops. I need to start hitting the gym, now as my bingo wings are starting to take shape!

The lacy top is my favourite pick. I cannot wait to style this with lots of my other dresses or a vest top and jeans.

Kimono £16.00

5.) Over The Shoulder Bag:

Why would a bag add more confidence? Because lots of things I love are inside! When I am out and about I like to wear a cross over bag with a zip on. I like to keep everything safe inside. My phone and purse are always inside and I have more confidence knowing nobody is going to try and pickpocket. I would be lost without my phone or money.

Bag: £12.00

6.) Pretty Shoes Or Sandals:

With a nice medium heel so I have a bit more height, but not too much or my feet will be hurting after a while. How lovely are these gold coloured wedge sandals? Perfect for Summer, if it arrives!!

The shoes are so comfy I wore them around the house all Sunday afternoon. Feet still feel good.

Sandals: £16.00

I love everything I picked. I am really pleased with how everything fits me too.  All the pieces I have chosen, make a confidence booster outfit. The clothes and accessories look great together and also as separate pieces. They will work lovely with the rest of my wardrobe. I will be very confident when wearing them.

So how much did this whole look cost?

Only £73.00!! What a great price!?

Love this whole look. Now come out Sunshine. I have a new outfit I need to show off!!

*I was sent an outfit for review. All thoughts are my own. I was not paid for this post. Thanks for supporting the brands that I work with.*

To join in the fun:

1. Link up your creative, recipe, crafty, outfit or anything creative posts on the blog hop below.
  2. Visit a few blogs on the list to make the hop fun for everyone.
  3. Please try to include the Creative Monday button or a text link back to my blog in the post you are linking up.
  4. Be great if you would like to follow? let me know if you do, so I can stop by and follow back.
  5. Don’t forget to tweet me your links so I can re-tweet them.

clairejustine

Creative Mondays 20/06/2016 has now closed.

Claire

1. vanity andme
    June 19, 2016 / 8:51 pm

You chose really well Claire. Love the lace KimonoLaurie x

• Clairejustine oxox
      June 20, 2016 / 7:43 pm

Aww, thank you Laurie 🙂 x

2. vanity andme
    June 19, 2016 / 8:51 pm

You chose really well Claire. Love the lace KimonoLaurie x

3. Tamar SB
    June 19, 2016 / 9:26 pm

That look screams summer time!

• Clairejustine oxox
      June 20, 2016 / 7:47 pm

Thanks Tamar 🙂

4. Shelbee On The Edge
    June 19, 2016 / 9:31 pm

What a lovely outfit! I love the print on your maxi dress and the kimono and wedges are so adorable! I am starting to get better at gracefully accepting compliments! I used to be very uncomfortable receiving compliments, but I am always happy to hand them out! You look fabulous!Shelbeewww.shelbeeontheedge.com

• Clairejustine oxox
      June 20, 2016 / 7:50 pm

Thanks Shelbee 🙂 Yes I know what you mean, thanks for the reply..

5. Debbie@Debbie-Dabble and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas
    June 19, 2016 / 9:44 pm

Claire, Love the outfit! You look wonderful!Thanks so much for hosting and thanks for visiting as often as you do!!Hugs,Debbie

• Clairejustine oxox
      June 20, 2016 / 7:55 pm

Thanks so much for all your visits too Debbie 🙂 Have a lovely week!

6. Julia Nyanyo
    June 19, 2016 / 9:48 pm

I love that lacy kimono and the wedges. We have a few wedding this summer and I'm busy looking for the right outfits now, I'm thinking those sandals might be just what I'm looking for.

• Clairejustine oxox
      June 20, 2016 / 8:01 pm

Aww, thank you Julia. Hope you find everything you need 🙂

7. Winnie
    June 19, 2016 / 9:48 pm

FABULOUS outfit!!I absolutely loooooooooove it. I only wear skirts and dresses and this one with the kimono – both are definitely for me!!

• Clairejustine oxox
      June 20, 2016 / 8:14 pm

Aww, thank you Winnie 🙂

8. Fashion Fairy Dust
    June 20, 2016 / 12:08 pm

You look gorgeous in this outfit Claire! It is such a perfect summer look. Compliments always make me feel fabulous…I smile and say "thank you!". I work with my students on accepting compliments because I think it's so important to accept them graciously. I always try to compliment others because I know how good it makes me feel and it's important to share the love!Debbiewww.fashionfairydust.com

9. Stacey
    June 20, 2016 / 12:34 pm

Good morning Claire. I'm joining your linky party today with a little decorating. I love seeing all of this fashion though. 🙂 Thank you for hosting.

10. RedTagChicLosAngeles
    June 20, 2016 / 12:46 pm

Love your picks!!!Come see how I welcomed Summer in a boho-inspired look this week at the blog – Happy Monday!!Rebeccahttp://www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

11. Jessica Jannenga
    June 20, 2016 / 2:27 pm

Love the lace kimono, no surprise right? I really wish I could just wear any sunglasses as I need to have a prescription, love those though. Great pics and I am also liking maxi dresses for their ease. Love the print on yours and the fun style. I would say I feel confident more as I got older. Have a great day!jess xxwww.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

12. Heather{Our Life In a Click}
    June 20, 2016 / 2:47 pm

Love the entire ensemble!

13. Annemaries Haakblog
    June 20, 2016 / 7:13 pm

Thanks a lot for hosting this lovely party!All the best from The Netherlands, Annemarie

14. Spashionista Alicia Searcy
    June 20, 2016 / 9:27 pm

I don't take compliments well, I'm ashamed to say. I immediately become self-deprecating, when I should simply say, "thank you".You look like you belong right in the middle of East Nashville. We call that look "festival style" and it suits you so well! You look lovely ;-)Aliciaspashionista.com

15. Jill Shepherd
    June 21, 2016 / 12:37 am

I agree Claire that clothes make all the difference to self confidence! And I think you really suit the cowboy hat!! Thanks for hosting once again. Hope you have a lovely week!

16. Mary Murnane
    June 21, 2016 / 5:40 pm

Love this outfit! There's nothing like feeling confident in a well put together look.Marywww.marymurnane.com

17. Vicky Franklin
    June 26, 2016 / 11:55 am

Love this outfit and a bargain too, plus all those things will go with other stuff! You should take a compliment because you look great!