Pea, Tomato And Ricotta Picnic Tart anyone?
What difference a week make. Last week it was cold, windy and raining, this week is it beautiful and very warm!
Time to start thinking of picnics and summer dining.
Today I am sharing a tasty Pea, tomato and ricotta picnic tart.
Perfect to serve cold for picnics, parties are sunny nights on the garden or warm for a lunchtime tasty treat.
How To Make A Pea, Tomato And Ricotta Picnic Tart:
Serve warm or cold.
Preparation time:15 minutes
Cooking time:45 minutes
Total time:1 hour
- 1 x 250g block from Cooks’ Ingredients Shortcrust Pastry, thawed
- 100g Waitrose Ready Shelled Garden Peas (or frozen)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 bunch salad onions, sliced
- 1 courgette, diced
- 250g pot ricotta
- 2 medium eggs, beaten
- 3 tbsp semi-skimmed milk
- 8-10 essential Waitrose Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 4 tbsp freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano
How To Make:
- Preheat the oven to 200c, gas mark 6.
- Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured work surface to a circle shape, about 3mm–4mm thick. Then use the pastry to line a 20cm deep loose-bottomed flan tin.
- Line with foil and uncooked rice or dry beans and bake for 12–15 minutes until pale golden. Remove foil.
- While the case is cooking, cook the peas in a pan of boiling water for 2–3 minutes until just tender. Drain.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the salad onions and courgette for 5 minutes until softened and golden.
- Add the peas and stir together.
- Beat the ricotta with the eggs, milk and seasoning.
- Stir in the peas and onion mixture and use to fill the pastry case. Arrange the halved tomatoes around the edge.
- Scatter with the Parmigiano and bake for 30–35 minutes until golden and puffy.
- Serve warm or cold.
- The firm texture makes this easy to transport. Wrap the cold tart in foil and keep chilled.
Try a 50cl size whites with this. Perfect for picnics, it’s not too heavy or cumbersome and is fresh and crisp with citrus and green apple flavours. Château de Marsan Blanc 2008 Bordeaux, France.
Now to fill the picnic basket.
*Recipe and recipe photo by Waitrose Pea, Tomato And Ricotta Picnic Tart*
No Payment was received*
What do you think of this Pea, Tomato And Ricotta Picnic Tart recipe?
Fancy trying it?