New Rhubarb Conserve:
A deliciously British summer flavour is the newest member of the Bonne Maman family. A wonderful way to enjoy the finest seasonal rhubarb year round, new Rhubarb Conserve.
As with all Bonne Maman conserves, made of the finest ripe ingredients and some cane sugar, this delectable new conserve offers a perfect balance of sweetness and typical rhubarb ‘zing’ that rhubarb lovers will adore.
The unique soft set texture of Bonne Maman conserves are perfect for spreading on toast or croissants, topping scones or adding to summer bakes.
Originating in China, where it’s root has long been used as a herbal medicine to give a positive and balancing effect on the digestive system, rhubarb first started appearing in Europe in the seventeenth century and has long been a favourite in Britain and the north of France, as a very seasonal plant that doesn’t like hot and dry climates.
Rhubarb is enjoying something of a kitchen renaissance, featuring on menus nationwide – in numerous dishes hot or cold and even summer drinks, beers wine and cheese.
As well as new Rhubarb Conserve being a delectable topping for a slice of toast or scone, Bonne Maman’s Rhubarb Compote is also becoming an increasingly popular choice on granola or yogurt.
Rhubarb And Pistachio Eton Mess Sundae:
- 2 egg whites
- 100g caster sugar
- Pink gel food colour
- 500g vanilla quark
- 8 tbsp rhubarb conserve
- 100g pistachios, roughly chopped
- Heat oven to 120C, Gas 1. Line 2 baking sheets with baking paper. Whisk egg whites until stiffly peaking – tip the bowl, the eggs are ready when they don’t move.
- Gradually whisk in the sugar 1tbsp at a time until glossy.
- Take a plastic piping bag and squeeze in several vertical lines of the gel colour, directly from the tube.
- Spoon in the meringue and snip off the end of the piping bag. Pipe small blobs onto baking sheets, Bake for 1 hour until meringues are firm. Leave to cool, then add to a zip lock bag and bash with a rolling pin until you have large and small meringue crumbs.
- Spoon a thick layer of quark into a sundae glass and gently fold through 2 tbsp of the rhubarb conserve, then top with crushed meringue pieces and a scattering of pistachios. Repeat with the rest of the glasses.
Make up the meringues and store in sealed jars for up to 2 weeks.
*Recipe and recipe photo by Bonne Maman
*No Payment was received*