Smoked Ham Tortilla with Chargrilled Peppers.
A lovely family lunch, easily transportable for a picnic.
Eat warm or cold with a green salad or in bite-sized wedges for kids on the move.
How To Make A Smoked Ham Tortilla With Chargrilled Peppers:
Preparation time:20 minutes
Cooking time:35 minutes
Total time:55 minutes
- 3 tbsp light olive oil
- 500g waxy potatoes, peeled and cut into 1cm cubes
- 1 large onion, finely sliced
- 6 large free range eggs
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ x 20g pack fresh flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 120g pack Waitrose Brunswick Smoked Ham, sliced into small pieces
- ½ x 170g jar Waitrose Cooks’ Ingredients Chargrilled Peppers, drained and chopped
How To Make:
- Preheat the grill to its highest setting. Heat the oil in a large sauté pan and gently fry the potatoes and onion for about 20 minutes, until golden and soft.
- Whisk the eggs lightly together in a jug with the smoked paprika and the parsley.
- Heat a 23cm non-stick frying pan then tip in the potato and onion mixture, followed by the ham and peppers and a little seasoning.
- Pour the egg mixture over, moving the ingredients around with a fork before leaving to gently cook over a medium heat for about 10 minutes until the egg is just set.
- Finish cooking the tortilla under the grill for 2-3 minutes until golden. If serving cold, leave to stand in the pan then cut into wedges. Serve with some continental salad leaves.
- To make the tortilla the traditional Spanish way, cook the onion and potato in 150ml olive oil then drain off the excess. This adds a lovely sweetness to the finished dish.
A Pinot Noir Rose from France is perfect for a picnic and would match the sweetness of this dish beautifully.
*Recipe and recipe photo by Waitrose Smoked Ham Tortilla wit Chargrilled Peppers*
*No Payment was received*