Fancy trying out this beetroot, rocket and feta fritters recipe out?
How To Make Beetroot, Rocket And Feta Fritters:
Makes 12 fritters
This fun, easy to make recipe is the perfect opportunity to involve all the family during mealtime preparations.
The incorporation of beetroot delivers a colourful plate and these versatile fritters can be served up both hot from a pan, or made in advance for picnics or packed lunches.
This delicious recipe complements any salad dish and is also the perfect food for entertaining as it can be made in advance.
- 300g Haywards pickled baby beets, coarsely grated
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 1 generous handful rocket, chopped
- 100g feta, cubed
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 5 tbsp plain flour
- A good grinding of salt & freshly ground pepper
- 200ml sunflower or canola oil
How To Make:
- Use kitchen paper to squeeze the excess liquid from the beetroot and transfer to a bowl.
- Add the onion, rocket, feta & egg to the bowl and mix to combine.
- Season with sea salt and black pepper and mix in the four.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan. Once hot, drop a heaped tablespoon of the mixture at a time into the oil and cook over a high heat for 2-3 minutes, or until crisp on both sides.
- Drain on kitchen paper and serve hot or cold.
- Serve with sour cream and chive or yoghurt and garlic dip and a green salad.
*Recipe and recipe photography by Haywards*
*No Payment was received*
What do you think of these Beetroot, Rocket And Feta Fritters?
Fancy making any?
You might also like:
Prawn Courgetti & Sweetcorn Fritters:
You can buy courgetti (spiralized stands of courgette) in most supermarkets now – or spiralize your own to make these yummy prawn fritters.