BerryWorld Strawberry Pavlova anyone?
Impress the whole family with this show-stopping dessert.
Indulgent, light and topped with gorgeous strawberries.
How To Make A BerryWorld Strawberry Pavlova:
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 1.5 hours
- 4 large egg whites
- 200g caster sugar, plus 1 tsp for marinating
- 500ml double cream
- 1 tbsp icing sugar plus extra for dusting
- 400g strawberries
- 2 tsp rose water
What To Do:
- Pre-heat oven to 130℃
- Using an electric whisk, whip the egg whites until they turn white and frothy. Gradually add a spoonful of sugar, whisking well in between each spoonful, until all the sugar is combined, and the whites are stiff and glossy.
- Spoon the meringue onto a lined baking sheet and using a palette knife, spread into a circle. Build up the sides of the pavlova so when cooked, there will be a well in the centre for the cream.
- Place on the middle shelf of the oven for 1 hour. Slice the strawberries in half and mix with the rose water and 1tsp caster sugar and set aside.
- Once cooked, the meringue should be crisp and slightly golden, but it will still be soft in the middle.
- Leave to cool on the tray, before carefully sliding onto the serving plate.
- Spread the cream in the middle of the pavlova and top with the marinated strawberries, grated chocolate or some other naughty treats before the final dusting of icing sugar.
*Recipe and photograph by BerryWorld*
What do you think of this BerryWorld Strawberry Pavlova?
Fancy making one?
You might also like:
BerryWorld Strawberry Rose Petal And Pistachio Pavlova:
BerryWorld Strawberry Rose petal and Pistachio Pavlova.
This is a slight Middle Eastern take on one of my favourite puddings.
Lashings of sweetened cream flavoured with a dash of rose water, loaded onto a huge sticky meringue round, filled with fresh halved strawberries, topped with crushed pistachios and fragrant rose petals – it’s like summer on a plate!