Victoria Sponge anyone?
Fancy trying this healthier version of the Victoria sponge cake recipe.
Full of jam and topped with fresh strawberries.
How To Make An Healthier Victoria Sponge:
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Skill Level: Easy
- 200g Self-Raising Flour
- 2tsp Baking Powder
- 140g Golden Caster Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 175g Total Greek Yogurt
- 2-3 Drops of Vanilla Extract
- 25g Unsalted Butter (melted)
- 1tbsp Semi-Skimmed Milk
- 2tbsp Rapeseed Oil
- 5tbsp Streamline Strawberry Jam
- Fresh Strawberries to Decorate
How To Make:
- Preheat your oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4.
- Lightly oil 2 x 18cm sandwich cake tins with a little rapeseed oil and line the bottom with greaseproof paper.
- Tip the flour, baking powder and sugar into a mixing bowl and combine.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs, add the yogurt, vanilla, melted butter, milk and oil and stir until smooth.
- Tip this into the dry mixture and gently fold with a large metal spoon until well combined.
- Divide the mixture between the tins and level the tops. Bake for 20 mins until the cakes have risen and spring back when you gently press the top.
- Let the cakes cool for a few minutes in the tins, then turn them out, remove the greaseproof paper and leave to cool on a cooling rack until completely cold.
- Upturn one of the cakes onto a serving plate and spread the Streamline Strawberry Jam over. Gently place the other cake on top and decorate with slices of fresh strawberries.
*Recipe and recipe photography by Streamline jams and marmalades* They are available in Tesco, Ocado, Asda and Morrisons with a RRP of £1.45 for a 340g jar.
The range of flavours includes strawberry, blackcurrant, apricot, black cherry, seedless raspberry, thin cut orange, thick cut orange and diced cut orange.
What do you think of this Healthier Victoria Sponge Cake?
Fancy trying it?