Victoria Sponge anyone?
Fancy trying this healthier version of the Victoria sponge cake recipe.
Full of jam and topped with fresh strawberries.
How To Make An Healthier Victoria Sponge:
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Skill Level: Easy
- 200g Self-Raising Flour
- 2tsp Baking Powder
- 140g Golden Caster Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 175g Total Greek Yogurt
- 2-3 Drops of Vanilla Extract
- 25g Unsalted Butter (melted)
- 1tbsp Semi-Skimmed Milk
- 2tbsp Rapeseed Oil
- 5tbsp Streamline Strawberry Jam
- Fresh Strawberries to Decorate
How To Make:
- Preheat your oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4.
- Lightly oil 2 x 18cm sandwich cake tins with a little rapeseed oil and line the bottom with greaseproof paper.
- Tip the flour, baking powder and sugar into a mixing bowl and combine.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs, add the yogurt, vanilla, melted butter, milk and oil and stir until smooth.
- Tip this into the dry mixture and gently fold with a large metal spoon until well combined.
- Divide the mixture between the tins and level the tops. Bake for 20 mins until the cakes have risen and spring back when you gently press the top.
- Let the cakes cool for a few minutes in the tins, then turn them out, remove the greaseproof paper and leave to cool on a cooling rack until completely cold.
- Upturn one of the cakes onto a serving plate and spread the Streamline Strawberry Jam over. Gently place the other cake on top and decorate with slices of fresh strawberries.
*Recipe and recipe photography by Streamline jams and marmalades* They are available in Tesco, Ocado, Asda and Morrisons with a RRP of £1.45 for a 340g jar.
The range of flavours includes: strawberry, blackcurrant, apricot, black cherry, seedless raspberry, thin cut orange, thick cut orange and diced cut orange.
What do you think of this Healthier Victoria Sponge Cake?
Fancy trying it?