I hope you are having a lovely Saturday?
Fancy making some Low-carb Vanilla Ice Cream?
Summer has arrived and so has the warm weather, meaning light bites and cooling treats are firmly on the menu with New Atkins.
Rustle up a simple lunch, light dinner or even enjoy a scoop of ice cream with these simple, low carb and low sugar recipes from the New Atkins Nutritional Approach.
The recipes are quick and easy to make, so you can enjoy some summer classics on the go or outside in the garden with minimal prep time.
How To Make Low-carb Vanilla Ice Cream:
Ingredients (serves 8):
- 3 raw egg yolks
- 675ml double cream
- 2 teaspoons artificial sweetener, such as Stevia
- ½ a teaspoon salt
- ½ a teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
For the topping:
- ½ an Atkins Crispy Milk Chocolate bar, grated
How To Make:
- In a medium saucepan, heat cream until bubbles form just around the edge of the pan.
- Meanwhile, whisk together yolks, eggs, sweetener and the salt.
- Very slowly whisk the hot cream into the eggs and pour the mixture back into the pan.
- Place over a medium-low heat and cook, stirring constantly, just until the mixture thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon, which should take 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir in the vanilla then immediately remove from the heat and pour into a clean container. Freeze until hardened and serve with grated Atkins Milk Chocolate bar as a topping if desired.
*Recipe and recipe photography by:
To view more recipes and products from the New Atkins Nutritional Approach, visit Atkins*
*No Payment was received*
What do you think of this Low-carb Vanilla Ice Cream recipe?
Fancy trying it?
A perfect recipe to serve up on a hot day in the garden.
Don’t you think so too?