Tuesday Treat anyone? I scream for Ice-cream!! Fancy making a Maple Sundae anyone?
I love sweet treats (yes I have a sweet tooth) with fruit and ice cream in them they are healthier, aren’t they!!.
Knickerbocker glory’s, chocolate ice cream sundaes or also my own creations always have added biscuits crumbled on top!!Anything with ice cream in them tastes amazing. Perfect for an afternoon treat in the garden. Lazy Summer evening and weekends after exercising.
Today I have a Maple Sundae recipe to share with you full of fresh fruit, ice cream covered in a maple syrup sauce. How yummy!? Hands up who would like one? *Both hands in air here*
How to make a Maple Sundae
Makes: 4 portions
- 2 cups of maple syrup
- 4 servings of ice cream
- 1 cup of fresh fruit of your choice (strawberries, raspberries, melon, peaches, pears, kiwis, bananas, etc.)
- Pour the maple syrup into a large casserole.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, keeping a close eye on it at all times.
- Let simmer until a drop of hot syrup crystallizes in a glass of very cold water.
- It must still be soft enough to be elastic.
- In a sundae glass, layer the maple syrup, ice cream and fruit.
Recipe and recipe photography by We Love Maple
Do you like making ice cream treats?
If so, what kind of ice cream treats do you make?
Do you pop in lots of fruit too?
What are your favourite fruits to add?
Do you like adding Maple syrup?
Fancy making these Maple Sundaes?
Let us know what you think if you get to try this recipe out.
Try no or Pin for later. Why not stop by tomorrow and share your recipes with us at The Wednesday Blog Hop or on Friday for Welcome To The Weekend Blog Hop.