Are you looking for a nice and tasty ice cold treat?
Something to cool you down on a red hot day?
Fancy trying out these Strawberry ripple shortbread slices?
How To Make A Strawberry Ripple Shortbread Slice:
Preparation time: 20 minutes plus 2 hours freezing time
Total time: 2 hours 20 minutes
Makes: 12 Bars
- 400g pack essential Waitrose Strawberries hulled and cut into wedges
- 2 tsp icing sugar
- 250g shortbread fingers, crushed
- 50g unsalted butter, melted
- 1-litre tub Waitrose Vanilla Dairy Ice Cream
- 2 tbsp Waitrose Cooks’ Homebaking Freeze Dried Strawberries
How To Make:
- Blitz 175g of the strawberries in a food processor. Add the icing sugar then press the whole lot through a sieve to make a sauce. Set aside in the fridge.
- Mix 225g of the crushed shortbread with the melted butter. Press this mixture into the base of a baking parchment-lined slice tin, about 18 x 28cm in size. Chill for 15 minutes. Take the ice cream out of the freezer to soften slightly.
- Smooth the ice cream over the chilled shortbread base. Drizzle with the strawberry sauce then scatter over the fresh strawberries, dried strawberries and remaining shortbread. Return to the freezer for at least 2 hours or until firm then remove and leave to stand at room temperature for 10–15 minutes before cutting into bars with a sharp knife.
*Recipe and recipe photo by Waitrose Strawberry Ripple Shortbread Slice*
*No Payment was received*
What do you think of this Strawberry Ripple Shortbread Slice?
Fancy trying it?
You might also like:
Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream:
Strawberry shortcake ice cream.
This attractive dessert is quick and easy to prepare, making it ideal for entertaining.
Strawberry And Elderflower Jelly:
One for a lovely lazy afternoon in the garden.
Fancy trying this Strawberry and Elderflower jelly?