Hello and Happy Tuesday.
Are you looking for a mid-week treat or something special to make at the weekend?
Summer Berry Tartlets anyone?
How sweet are these Summer berry Tartlets!?
How To Make Summer Berry Tartlets:
- 450g Plain flour
- ½ tsp Salt
- 200g Trex
- 2 Egg yolks
- 50g Caster sugar
- ½ tsp Vanilla extract
- 25g Plain flour
- 300ml Milk
- 225g Mixed summer berries
- Icing sugar, for sprinkling
How To Make:
- Sift the flour and salt into a large mixing bowl and rub in the Trex with your fingertips until the mixture looks like fine crumbs.
- Add three to four tbsp chilled water and mix in with a round-bladed knife until the pastry clings together. Form the dough into a ball, then wrap and chill for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan oven 180°C/Gas Mark 6.
- Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface and use it to line six 10cm (4in) individual tartlet tins. Line each one with a piece of crumpled foil or baking paper and baking beans and bake ‘blind’ (i.e. without a filling) for 15-20 minutes.
For the filling:
- Put the egg yolks, sugar, vanilla, flour and milk into a saucepan. Heat slowly, whisking constantly, until the sauce is smooth and thick. Cool a little, stirring to prevent a skin from forming.
- Take the tarts from the oven and remove the foil or baking paper and beans. Share the sauce between them and leave until cold.
- Top each tart with fresh berries, then serve, sprinkled with a little icing sugar.
*Recipe and recipe photography by Trex*
*No Payment was received*
What do you think of these Summer Berry Tartlets?
Fancy making some?
As always, we would love to hear your thought.
Let us know in the comments below if you get to make some.
Hope you can stop by again soon.