Are you looking for something a little different for lunch?
Today I am sharing The Ultimate Halloumi Sandwich from Branston Pickle.
How To Make A The Ultimate Halloumi Sandwich:
Ready in 15 mins
What you need:
- 1 tomato, quartered
- 20ml olive oil
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- Pinch of sugar
- 20g Branston Pickle
- 2 slices of bread
- 2 button mushrooms, sliced
- 4 small slices halloumi
- 50g rocket
- ½ avocado, stoned, peeled and sliced
- Ground black pepper
How To Make:
- Preheat the oven to 170C/gas 3 and place the tomato pieces, spaced out, onto a flat baking tray.
- In a small pot, mix together half of both the oil and oregano, the sugar and 1 tsp of Branston Pickle, then coat the tomato with the mixture.
- Bake on the top shelf for 10 mins, and then turn the oven off, leaving the tomatoes inside.
- Meanwhile, preheat the griddle pan or grill to hot. In a small dish, combine both the remaining oregano oil, and then brush both sides of bread with it.
- Griddle or grill the bread slices for 1 min, turning over halfway through, then set aside.
- Keep the griddle or grill on, turning down to a medium heat, then griddle or grill the mushrooms and halloumi slices, turning over after 1 min, then cooking for a further 1 min.
- Place a piece of bread on a chopping board and layer with the rocket, avocado, halloumi, tomatoes, mushrooms and the remaining Branston Pickle, then sprinkle with pepper.
- Top with the other slice of bread and serve or pack up for a packed lunch or picnic.
*Recipe and recipe photography by Branston Pickle*
*No Payment was received*
What do you think of this The Ultimate Halloumi Sandwich?
Fancy trying one?
As always, join the conversation and share your thoughts in the comments below.