White Chocolate Blondie’s with blueberries and Macadamia Nuts anyone?
By Linda Collister
Photo credit: Lisa Barber
The blondie batter is made with melted white chocolate for a really good taste, chunks of chocolate and nuts are mixed in for texture and fresh blueberries scattered on top act as a contrast to the sweet white chocolate.
White Chocolate Blondie’s with blueberries And Macadamia Nuts:
Cuts into 24 pieces
- 2 x 100g bars Divine white chocolate
- 200g unsalted butter, diced
- 3 large free range eggs, at room temperature
- 150g caster sugar
- 200g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 50g macadamia nuts
- 150g fresh blueberries or fresh raspberries
- 20.5 x 25.5cm brownie tin or baking tin, greased and base-lined
How To Make:
- Heat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
- Break up one and a half bars of the chocolate (150g), put into a heatproof bowl with the diced butter and melt gently, stirring frequently.
- Remove the bowl from the heat and leave to cool until needed.
- Put the eggs into the bowl of a food mixer and whisk until frothy.
- Add the sugar and beat thoroughly until very thick and mousse-like.
- Whisk in the melted chocolate mixture.
- Sift the flour and baking powder onto the mixture and fold in with a large metal spoon.
- Roughly chop the remaining chocolate and the nuts and stir into the mixture.
- Transfer to the prepared tin and spread evenly.
- Scatter over the berries then bake in the heated oven for about 25 minutes until golden and a skewer inserted into the blondie halfway between the sides and centre comes out clean.
- Remove the tin from the oven and set on a wire rack.
- Leave to cool completely before removing from the tin and cutting into pieces.
- Store in an airtight container and eat within 3 days.
*Recipe and recipe photography by Divine Chocolate*
*No Payment was received*