Fancy making these White Chocolate Cookies Studded with Cranberries?
We love cookies here, especially about 10 minutes after they have been taken out of the oven. Still warm with a nice glass of milk!! How yummy!?
By Linda Collister
Photo credit: Lisa Barber
Dried cranberries (you could also use dried cherries) with their slight sharpness and brilliant colour are excellent combined with really good white chocolate.
How To Make White Chocolate Cookies Studded with Cranberries:
Makes 20 Cookies:
- 1 x 100g bar Divine white chocolate
- 125g unsalted butter, very soft
- 125g light muscovado sugar
- 1 large free range egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 150g plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- A good pinch of salt
- 50g dried cherries or cranberries
You will need :
- 2 baking trays lined with non-stick baking parchment
How To Make:
- Heat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
- Break up or chop the chocolate into pieces about the size of your little finger nail. Set aside until needed.
- Put the soft butter, sugar, egg, vanilla, flour, baking powder and salt into the bowl of a food mixer. Beat until thoroughly combined, scraping down the bowl once or twice. Stir in the chocolate pieces and the dried fruit.
- Take a heaped teaspoon of the mixture and put it onto the prepared tray, using another teaspoon to push the mixture off the spoon and into a rough mound. Repeat with the rest of the mixture, spacing the mounds well apart to allow for spreading.
- Bake in the heated oven for about 15 minutes until a light golden brown. Remove the trays from the oven, leave to cool for a minute then carefully transfer the cookies to a wire rack and leave to cool completely.
How to store:
- Store in an airtight container and eat within 4 days or freeze for up to a month.
*Recipe and recipe photography by Divine Chocolate*
What do you think of these White Chocolate Cookies Studded with Cranberries?
Fancy trying some?