Brazillionaires Shortbread. How yummy!?
(Gluten + Dairy Free, Vegan).
One of my all-time favourite treats is Millionaires Shortbread. My Grandma used to make it me every Birthday, Christmas, Easter or just as a special treat because she knew how much I loved it.
I always try to make it my children as a special treat too as it is such a special treat.
Family faves, chocolate millionaire bars, are given a Brazil nut twist.
How To Make Brazillionaires Shortbread:
Takes: 15 minutes plus chilling
What You Need:
- 100g raw whole oats
- 100g ground almonds
- 2 tbsp agave nectar
- 70g coconut oil, melted
- 90g Meridian brazil nut butter
- 100g vegan chocolate
What You Do:
- Line a loaf tin or similarly sized Tupperware with greaseproof paper.
- Whizz the oats in a blender until they are a similar consistency to the ground almonds.
- Add the almonds and agave and whizz again, then add 2tbsp water and blend until the mixture starts to form clumps.
- Press the mixture into the prepared tin then freeze while you make the next layer.
- Melt the coconut oil and combine 50g with the brazil nut butter, spread it over the oat base and return to the freezer.
- Carefully melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of barely simmering water.
- Once completely melted, remove the bowl from the pan, stir in the remaining coconut oil and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- When the brazil nut layer has set pour the chocolate over the top and spread to the edges.
- Put in the fridge until everything is firm.
- Cut into bite-size pieces and serve. Keep in the fridge.
*Recipe and recipe photo by Meridian Foods*
*No Payment was received*
What do you think of this Brazillionaires Shortbread recipe?
Fancy trying it?
You can find lots more tasty Gluten-Free recipes here: Gluten Free Recipes.