Cream cheese fritters, English summer maple cherries. It’s officially summer – the season to enjoy fresh summer fruit, al fresco dining and BBQs in the garden.
Today I have a guest post : pure maple syrup from Quebec.
With English cherries at the height of their season this month, we’ve created a recipe to showcase them in all their glory.
Our cream cheese fritters with English summer cherries and pure maple syrup from Quebec make a lovely breakfast, brunch or dessert.
The delicate creaminess of the cheese offsets the rich sweetness of the cherries and maple syrup to create a light yet indulgent summer treat.
For the fritters:
- 200g cream cheese
- 250g cottage cheese, well drained
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp natural vanilla extract
- 40g maple sugar
- 40g chopped raisins
- Grated lemon zest
- 75g plain flour (plus extra for dusting)
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
For the cherries and maple syrup:
- 175ml pure maple syrup from Quebec
- 200g fresh cherries
- 1 lemon, squeezed for juice
- Place cream cheese, cottage cheese, eggs, vanilla extract and sugar in a bowl.
- Beat until smooth. Stir in raisins and lemon zest.
- Sieve flour and combine.
- Cover and refrigerate for four hours, or overnight.
- Roll into balls with excess flour, flatten into disks.
- Place on baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Melt butter and oil in frying pan and cook fritters for 2 minutes each side until golden brown.
- Keep warm in low oven.
- Heat maple syrup, lemon juice, cherries and 1 tbsp of water in a pan until cherries become soft.
- Serve the fritters warm with cherries.
- Any fresh of preserved fruit can be used. All seasonal fruits can be used e.g. poached pears and pineapple would be a good alternative.
About this post:
This is a guest post : pure maple syrup from Quebec. No Payment was received.