Orange and Baobab Polenta Cake anyone?
Specially created for Sevenhills Wholefoods by Deliciously Ella.
(Gluten + Dairy Free, Vegan).
This impressive dairy-free citrus cake is not only light but also tastes delicious.
How To Make A Orange And Baobab Polenta Cake:
Prep time – 25 minutes
Baking time – 35 minutes
What you need:
For the cake:
- 4 ½ tbsp water
- 1 ½ tbsp milled flax seeds
- 180ml brown rice milk
- 1 ½ tsp apple cider vinegar
- 180ml maple syrup
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla powder
- 270g fine polenta
- 200g ground almonds
- 6 tsp arrowroot
- Pinch of salt
- Juice of 1½ oranges
- Zest of 1 orange
- 3 tbsp Sevenhills Wholefoods organic extra virgin raw coconut oil (melted)
- 6 tbsp Sevenhills Wholefoods organic raw baobab powder
For the drizzle:
- Zest 2 oranges
- Juice of 2 oranges
- 3 tablespoons Sevenhills Wholefoods organic coconut sugar
What you do:
- Start by preheating the oven to 175C. Mix the water and flax seeds in a cup and leave to the side for 15 minutes until a gel forms. Then mix the brown rice milk with the apple cider vinegar.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the maple syrup, vanilla powder, polenta, ground almonds, arrowroot, salt, orange juice, orange zest, coconut oil and baobab. Stir until all ingredients are thoroughly mixed then add in the milk and apple cider vinegar, and the flax seed/water gel.
- Give the mixture another good stir before spooning into a silicon cake tin and baking for 35 minutes, until turning golden brown.
- While the cake cooks, make the orange drizzle by gently heating the orange juice, orange zest and coconut sugar until the sugar melts and a thin syrup forms.
- When the cake is cooked, remove it from the oven and let it cool for 20 minutes on a cooling rack before drizzling over the syrup and serving.
*Recipe and recipe photo by Sevenhills Wholefoods*
*No Payment was received*